Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Creating a Registration & Log In, Profile, Product Partial Access, Social Funct

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 43 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by EricP9341 hace 7 años, 6 meses.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Autor

I see. I had to delete completely that Theme My Login in order for login to work again. The password was correct.
You might want to either test plugins with Toolset before recommending them or mention that they are untested as far as compatibility.
So I also tried Login Page Styler and had the same problem, where it thinks the password field is empty.

Apparently this guy used Formidable Pro. But with changes in WP and your software, would that would work? Frankly though, I'd rather there be simpler solution than adding such a "heavy" plugin:
https://toolset.com/2015/03/building-a-membership-site-with-wordpress-a-challenge-or-a-piece-of-cake-a-case-study/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eric,

I would not be able to test the newest version of Formidable Pro as this plugin is a paid plugin. Also through my testing I was not able to find any issues with the Theme my Login plugin.

Theme my login plugin has shortcodes that you can use to add the login to a frontend page.

[theme-my-login]

So you have the option to create a page and then add the shortcode to it where the login form would render.

I'm not sure what happened why the password would be wrong because during my usage of the plugin i've not experienced any issue where the password has changed.

If you'd like I could take a look at your website with the Theme My login plugin active to see what is up.

Thanks

OK I see, I did not know I could use a shortcode. Great. OK, I got it working.
hidden link

My question now is about the Registration page again. I still have not been able to find documentation on:
– user inputting avatar, and outputting to User Account page
– also display and edit the user's password, like in our mockup:
hidden link

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

You will need to add a custom field to the users in order for users to specify an image.

This can be done by using an image field from our types plugin.

Also the items cannot be edited individually as in your mockup and you will need to bring up an entire edit user form in order to do this.

Finally you can customize the display of your profile page by editing this view.
hidden link

The profile page is also located here.
hidden link

I've set the users to get redirected to that page once they log in from the settings here.
hidden link

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Shane,
It looks like Theme My Login is pulling in the avatar from Gravatar
hidden link
is there a way to do that with Toolset, or will we have to use a (new) custom field?
If we have to use a new custom field, would it be an all new set ("Add New Group") for example, calling it "Users"?
I also liked how UserPro allowed one to easily pull in the user image from FaceBook during registration, but I assume doing this would require a third-party plugin?
If I used a third-party plugin for registration is there any way for Toolset to have access to that data for example in Views?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 10.51.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 10.51.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 10.51.36 AM.png

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately Views isn't able to interface with Gravatar.

In my previous post I suggested that you add a User field for their profile image.

If you go to Types->User Fields and Click on add new User Meta group you can add an image field. See Screenshots.

Here users will be able to upload profile images when they are registering and then using our views plugin for the profile page you are able to display that image to the user.

This works just like any other custom field and the setup for the CRED user form is the same as if it were for a post.

Regarding the userpro plugin. I cannot say whether or not our plugin can pull the information from userpro because this is a paid plugin and as such I cannot get to test it out 🙁

Thanks

I implemented the new user field for the user image (avatar) as suggested, so it is now input in the Registration page, but it's not outputting to the profile or user account pages
I used:

<strong>Avatar:</strong> [types usermeta="user-avatar" title="Avatar" size="thumbnail" align="none" resize="proportional"][/types]<br /><br />

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

I took a look at the issue.

It seems there were some issue with the shortcode to display the thumbnail.

However I went in and got it to work for you.

The page should now be displaying the user's profile image.

Thanks

What was the issue with the shortcode?
And it's still not working – what/where did you see it working?

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 9.26.37 AM.png

Hi Eric,

If you were to go to the page below.
hidden link

You will see your profile picture being displayed. It will only be displayed if the user has set one.

The issue with the shortcode was that you had inserted this.

[types usermeta="user-avatar" title="Avatar" size="thumbnail" align="none" resize="proportional"][/types]

When it should have been.

[types usermeta="user-avatar" size="full" align="none"][/types]

I'm not sure about a resize attribute as i'm not seeing this in the doc so I removed it.

Let me know if everything is ok now.

Thanks

screenshot_no-role.jpg
screenshot_CRED-registration-form.jpg
screenshot_avatar-setup.jpg

Shane,
It turns out it *was* working, but I was logged in with my main account, which has a gravatar avatar but not one in the new avatar field. I had to log out and log in with newly registered test user account.
So the shortcode I had *does* work and has the advantage of resizing the avatar:

[types usermeta="user-avatar" title="Avatar" size="thumbnail" align="none" resize="proportional"][/types]

I got this from the Field and Views button popup (see screenshot). Maybe your docs are not up-to-date?

But I getting this error when I try and log in (takes me to hidden link):
"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page"
I then have to manually go to hidden link
and I assume this is because no role is assigned to the user that registers through the registration page (see screenshots). Yet the Registration CRED form seems to be set to "Select allowed User Role :" (whatever that means) a role?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

That is correct.

There is a bug where no user role is being assigned when the user registered.

Our developers have fixed this issue and will be made available when our latest beta has been released.

What you need to do however is setup a redirection for users when they log in by going to this page here.
hidden link

Here you can redirect the users when they log in to the website.
Just insert the link below in the text space
hidden link

Ensure that the radio button is selected beside it.

Currently the redirection is set for administrators.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Shane,

I set up the redirections (checked and inserted URL for every role) but it didn't help. Is this only relevant for when the user role assignment issue has been fixed?

I upgraded Views to 1.9.1 and it does seem to be working as far as the re-direct, but still no role assigned. Was that the beta you were even referring to?