Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Creating a Registration & Log In, Profile, Product Partial Access, Social Funct

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 6 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 43 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by EricP9341 hace 7 años, 5 meses.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Autor

I realize this is a complex question so am breaking it down into parts. This is like Phase 2 of this project. I can create separate thread but want to keep tracking of it simple
I am trying to get my head around how to create some additional functions to replace UserPro (hidden link) on our site and am not sure about a couple of issues related to using Toolset modules: how to use Access for it and if CRED will work.

Specifically:
1. For creating a User Registration, Login pages (hidden link), can I use CRED or would it be better or necessary for some reason to use a forms plugin? This case study used GravityForms for that:
https://toolset.com/2015/03/building-a-membership-site-with-wordpress-a-challenge-or-a-piece-of-cake-a-case-study/
Or is CRED now usable (or soon) – I hear some development along those lines was underway?

2. For creating a User Account page (hidden link) and a My Profile page (where they can change their user account info), can CRED and Views be used in to enter and display user data, regardless of what plugin is used to register? User data would be such things as new users, what products they have uploaded, and their email address.

3. We want to be able to list such things as New Users.

4. We want something to replace some other functions that were being done by UserPro, such as the social function of being able to message another user.

5. (This may be a completely separate topic, but was something UserPro did also): Access could obviously be used for the purpose of restricting access to some content . My questions are:
a. We probably want them to be members before buying a product (WooCommerce), and in addition be at least of 13 years of age - can Access do this or is that a function of WooCommerce or?
b. They will need to have purchased a Conversation before getting access to the PDF. How can access be used restrict access to *part* of a page created: the embedded PDF?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eric,

1. You can create user registration forms with our CRED 1.4 Beta plugin but it's able to do a login form, this would require an external plugin.

2. Views and CRED can be used to create a my account page. Views has the ability to list out all the information for a user's account while you can use CRED to do the edit user form.

3. You are able to display the recently registered users using our views plugin.

4. This functionality is not available with our Toolset plugins.

5. Unfortunately the full functionality you are looking is not available with our access plugin. We are only able to restrict content based on user roles and permissions.

Let me know if this was able to clear things up for you.

Thanks

OK let's start with #1: How do I create a user registration forms with our CRED 1.4 Beta plugin? I looked for instructions and for any new fields in the builder interface but didn't see any.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 10.18.10 AM.png

Hi Eric,

In order to create a user registration form you will need to go to CRED -> New User form.

This functionality operates the exact same as if you are creating a Post form with cred.

Once the User Form has been created, you can then begin to create your form by clicking the Autogenerate form button. See Screenshot.

When you finish creating the form you can then add it to a registration page as you would with a normal post form.

Thanks

So do I do "Create new Form / Create content / Posts" ?
I did that (creating a Layout for the existing Registration page, and a CRED from from with in there), but I don't see any of the fields in the generated for that are relevant.
Do I gut this and put in new shortcodes (looking through Fields and Views and Post Fields I'm not seeing anything for creating a new user)?
How will they create a new WordPress User?

[credform class="cred-form cred-keep-original"]

[cred_field field="form_messages" value=""]

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_title">
		<label class="cred-label">
Post Name
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_title" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_content">
Body Content
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_content" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_excerpt">
Post Excerpt
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_excerpt" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-_featured_image">
Featured Image
</label>
		[cred_field field="_featured_image" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-group cred-group-taxonomies">
		<div class="cred-taxonomy cred-taxonomy-category">
			<div class="cred-header"><h3>Categories</h3></div>
			[cred_field field="category" display="checkbox"]
			<div class="cred-taxonomy-auxilliary cred-taxonomy-auxilliary-category_add_new">
				[cred_field field="category_add_new" taxonomy="category" type="add_new"]
			</div>
		</div>
		<div class="cred-taxonomy cred-taxonomy-post_tag">
			<div class="cred-header"><h3>Tags</h3></div>
			[cred_field field="post_tag"]
			<div class="cred-taxonomy-auxilliary cred-taxonomy-auxilliary-post_tag_popular">
				[cred_field field="post_tag_popular" taxonomy="post_tag" type="show_popular"]
			</div>
		</div>

</div>

[cred_field field="form_submit" value="Submit" urlparam=""]

[/credform]
[credform class="cred-form cred-keep-original"]

[cred_field field="form_messages" value=""]

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_title">
Post Name
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_title" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_content">
Post Description
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_content" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_excerpt">
Post Excerpt
</label>
		[cred_field field="post_excerpt" post="post" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-field cred-field-_featured_image">
Featured Image
</label>
		[cred_field field="_featured_image" value="" urlparam=""]
	</div>

<div class="cred-group cred-group-taxonomies">
		<div class="cred-taxonomy cred-taxonomy-category">
			<div class="cred-header"><h3>Categories</h3></div>
			[cred_field field="category" display="checkbox"]
			<div class="cred-taxonomy-auxilliary cred-taxonomy-auxilliary-category_add_new">
				[cred_field field="category_add_new" taxonomy="category" type="add_new"]
			</div>
		</div>
		<div class="cred-taxonomy cred-taxonomy-post_tag">
			<div class="cred-header"><h3>Tags</h3></div>
			[cred_field field="post_tag" display="checkbox"]
			<div class="cred-taxonomy-auxilliary cred-taxonomy-auxilliary-post_tag_popular">
				[cred_field field="post_tag_popular" taxonomy="post_tag" type="show_popular"]
			</div>
		</div>

</div>

[cred_field field="form_submit" value="Submit" urlparam=""]

[/credform]

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 4.25.35 PM.png

Hi Eric,

The new user form can be found by going to CRED -> New User Form. See Screenshot.

You can also click the link below.
hidden link

Please let me know if you're not seeing this.

Thanks

screenshot CRED in layout selectjpg.jpg
screenshot reg field user email.jpg

OK I got that started, but got stuck at the Notifications stage: all of the options are either inappropriate or give an error. See screenshot.

"Send notification to an email specified in a form field:" seems like the logical option, but I guess there is no email field yet for it to refer to?

Also, the new form (temporarily without notifications) is not showing in the interface when I edit the layout for our registration page (see screenshot) hidden link
even though I refreshed the Edit layout page.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

Our development team is currently aware of the notifications issues and they are currently working on the problem.

Also currently user forms has not been integrated into layouts since our CRED form is still in beta so you need to use the visual cell and add the CRED form shortcode to it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

OK fair enough, as far as the notifications issues.

I see you apparently put in the shortcode for the registration form

[cred_user_form form="Registration CRED Form]

for: hidden link
That's fine. Now how do I assign a layout to these new user profile archive pages (if that's correct)? I studied your docs at
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/wordpress-archive-cell/
but it wasn't clear to me how to apply this specifically to which file?

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

Are you referring to create a user profile page and then on that profile page list the posts that the currently logged in user created?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Yes I think so: I'm talking about the page that the user is taken to automatically as soon as they finish filling out the registration form. I assume that's what you are calling the profile page.
And yes we do want on their account page their posted conversation products, like on our mockup:
hidden link

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 3.14.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 3.11.24 PM.png

Hi Eric,

If this is the case then you will need to create 2 views and add to the page.

One view will list the user's information so this will be a user view with a query filter and a user filter.
Then you will set the filter to user a shortcode attribute. See Screenshot.

Once you have done that just add the view to a visual editor cell with the [wpv-current-user info='id'] being the parameter.

The view shortcode would look something like below.

[wpv-view name="My View" users="[wpv-current-user info='id']"] 

For the content view you will need to create a view that lists the information for the CPT and add a query filter to it that Sets it to filter by the post author and the option that should be selected is the one that say they are the currently logged in user.
See Screenshot.

Add the views to what page - that first step also stumped me – since the new users and their profile pages are being created dynamically? Do I create a page or assign the views to an archive page or?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

You are going to need to create this page by going to Pages -> Add New.

Once you have done that you will need to setup your layout for the page as you have done with the other pages that were created.

The next step is to set that page in the CRED form settings to redirect it to that page once the form is submitted.

The page will still be dynamic as views will dynamically generate the information depending on which user is viewing the page.

OK I created a new page - hidden link

And created a Layout for it (User Account Layout) with a visual cell as you suggested (though don't know why can’t I just create the view when I create the Layout? Why make it separately?).
I made a View "User Info View" with the Users filter, then added it as a shortcode.

But now it's unclear to me where to add the shortcodes you wrote. I added [wpv-current-user info='id'] to the visual editor cell, and all I get for output tho the page
hidden link
is a "1"
I tried:

[wpv-view name="User Info View" users="[wpv-current-user info='id']"]

and

[wpv-view name="user-info-view" users="[wpv-current-user info='id']"]

...and get no output at all.
Am I adding that to the right place?