Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Create slider with images uploaded from custom field

This support ticket is created hace 4 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 8 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 4 años.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type, with a custom field for uploading images. I want to create a simple slider to display these images, with prev/next arrows floating on top of the frame. I do not want a thumbnail slider.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've looked at the documentation on the site, but it doesn't cover what I'm trying to do.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
This is a dev site, and I would prefer to send you the link privately, please. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you already checked the following Doc - how you can build sliders using the slider view?
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

Yes, I've read that, and have made post sliders with Toolset before.

In this case, I want to make a slider from all (and only) the images that are uploaded to the post from a toolset custom field (images).

Thanks,
Eric

Views sliders are based on posts, if you are going to setup the sliders on a custom repeating image field, I suggest you try other workaround, for example woosliders:
hidden link

See simiar thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-figure-out-flexslider/#post-948051

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please confirm are you using custom repeating image field or you want to display the singe instance of image?

As Luo said, views sliders are based on post so it should work for the normal single instance custom image field.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 1.42.08 PM.png

Right, I'm not using a custom repeating field. I'm using your standard "Image" field with "Allow multiple instances of this field" checked.

I was hoping there'd be a way to use a "foreach" to iterate through these images as slides. I thought it'd be possible because I'm using this same approach on another post type single template to add a masonry grid of images (again, from a standard image field with "allow multiple..." checked).

If that's not possible I will investigate Flex Slider. I'm just really trying to avoid installing unnecessary plugins. Usually Toolset can handle most of what I need to accomplish. Not in this case though, I guess.

Minesh
Supporter

If you are using the repeating image field. Please check the following doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/custom-content/create-image-galleries-using-toolset-and-custom-fields/

I think you followed the same way to display the masonry.

There is a view shortcocde [wpv-for-each] if you want to iterate through the each instance of your multiple image field:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-for-each

I’ll experiment with this next week. Please don’t close this ticket yet.
Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.