Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Create a view for Woocommerce Linked Products field.

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem: I would like to create a View of linked products to display on the single product template.

Solution: There's no built-in way to do this because of how WooCommerce stores linked products in a serialized data structure. A custom code solution is required.

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by larryB-3 hace 3 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor
Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 2.31.44 PM.jpg

I've entered a few products into the WooCommerce Linked Products field for Upsells. I would now like to create a view to display these linked products on my product page.

Hi, WooCommerce stores this information in a serialized array and unfortunately Views is not designed to be able to loop over this kind of information directly. We do provide a shortcode that can be used to display upsell products on the single Product template using a standard WooCommerce format - wpv-woo-show-upsell-items. Unfortunately it is not customizable as a View. Documentation for this shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-334617

Another User shared a custom code solution that creates a shortcode you can use to generate a list of upsell product IDs. If you can produce a list of upsell product IDs with a custom shortcode, I can show you how to use that shortcode in a View to generate a View of upsell products filtered by product ID using a shortcode attribute. However, since it is custom code I can't debug problems with it. Here is the ticket with more information about this custom code:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/upsell-and-cross-sell-filter/

If you're able to use this custom code to produce a list of upsell product IDs, I can show you how to use that with a Post IDs Query Filter in a View of Products. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Ok, maybe this can be done another way. Ultimately, I'm trying to create a many to many relationship between items in the same post type (products), is this possible? Create a field, a tag or category that is populated by the list of posts (products) that I can select from to make connections? Then I could create a view of those relationships for a single product?

Unfortunately Types Post Relationships and Post Reference fields can only be established between items in different post types. It's a limitation of the currently implemented Post Relationships feature. To relate items from the same post type, a taxonomy or a custom field is required. The main difference between those two options is that taxonomies get automatically created archives, but custom field values do not. I find taxonomies to be easier to manage in wp-admin and Forms, because they implement an autosuggest field so you can begin typing and choose the term easily from a list of suggestions. Custom fields do not implement this type of field, so it makes management more difficult.
Whether you choose to use a custom taxonomy or a custom field, you can then create a View filtered by that criteria and place it on the single Product template to display a list of similar products.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.