Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Formatting not respected

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
I added formatting to WYSIWYG fields that I display in Views and Content Templates, but in the front end I see only the text, no formatting is applied.

Solution:
This can very likely be the issue described here
https://toolset.com/errata/paragraph-tag-is-stripped-in-wysiwyg-loop-items-and-page-builders-generated-content/

In some cases, certain occurrences of WYSIWYG fields in loops or Content Templates can appear without formatting.
In that case wrapping the ShortCode with which you output the fields in [wpv-autop] [/wpv-autop] can solve the issue, see the erratum linked above.

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by AG hace 4 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

AG
how-it-looks-in-editor.png
runon-line.png
in-my-layout-file.png

I am trying to: display some content with the formatting & spacing I give it in the editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: paragraph breaks where I'd told it to in the editor

Instead, I got: one run-on line

I've checked out this previous article but I'm not using the [wpv-post-body] as that is not what is used once I choose my field through the 'Toolset - Fields and Views' wizard. I also do not have any other plugins installed on my staging site except those that are needed like the toolset plugins and my theme.

Thanks for your help looking into this!

It seems something is disabling auto-paragraphing or even skipping the HTML parsing at all.

Can you head to your WordPress Dashboard > Toolset > Content Templates menu, and locate that specific Content Template you inserted as Layout Cell?
Then open it to edit, and scroll down to Output mode. There, check "Auto-insert paragraphs".

Does that work? If not, you might want to check this Erratum:
https://toolset.com/errata/paragraph-tag-is-stripped-in-wysiwyg-loop-items-and-page-builders-generated-content/

It would be possible that you see this on your site, given you use Divi as well.
There is a workaround suggested in the Erratum which then would help to solve the issue.

Please let me know if that's the solution?

AG

I was able to add in that suggested [wpv-autop] [/wpv-autop] around my fields and that fixed the problem. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.