Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Conditional does not let me use a field with checkboxes

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 respuestas, has 4 mensajes.

Last updated by yuri.s hace 8 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: yuri.s.

Autor

I am trying to: Make it so when a user selects a checkbox marked as other a single line text field appears in the edit page.

i.e. I have a question that is about "What is the target ethnicity? "

and the options are checkboxes with options of "None,Asian,African American,Hispanic, Other

I then create a custom field with a single line so they can fill out the other info. But conditional logic only lets me choice answers that are not checkboxes

Dear Oliver,

In your case, I suggest you setup the "location" as a custom taxonomy:
WordPress Custom Taxonomies
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-custom-taxonomies/

Then your user will be able to add new items into "location" in WP admin side or front-end with CRED form
And you will be able to display the related "location" posts using Views filter:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

That is not even close to my question.

Conditional.png

My questions was.

When I go to edit a custom field in my group to try to make it conditional on the answers of the previous question. It won't let me.

See the attached image. With the dropdown menu that is circled in red there are only a couple of options for questions to base the conditional logic display on. And the question I'm trying to base the display on is not on that list.

Unfortunately, Types do not support add conditional display on the checkboxes field, as you can see in your screenshot, there isn't option for the checkboxes field, as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conditional-does-not-let-me-use-a-field-with-checkboxes/#post-361337

And you can try setup another checkbox field (single choice) for the "Other", then add conditional display to the single line field, depends on the value of "Other" checkbox field

Why does conditional logic not support checkboxes? If it can work with a radio button, single checkbox and freaking open text fields why can it not work with checkboxes?

It seems like everything I ask your toolset to do, it cannot do. First woocommerce views is broken, then access doesn't work with buddypress and now this.

Are there any other fields it doesn't work with?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I escalated this thread to our 2nd tier supporters, check if there is any workaround for it.

Hi Oliver, Luoy escalated this issue to me.

Currently we do not support conditionals involving the checkboxes fields. Unfortunately our documentation does not explain this so we are currently reviewing how we can improve it.

I'm also adding a Feature Request in our internal tracking system so our developers can evaluate this issue for future releases.

Regards,
Yuri.

Your documentation should really be more clear. I wasted $300 of my hard earned money and it seems everything I need it to do has been conveniently left out from the documentation. Please show me where you have added this to do the docs.

Hi Oliver, the documentation that was updated indicating the restrictions on conditionals is here :

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/
Under the "Simple conditional fields logic" subtitle.

Regards,
Yuri.

So what about the people like me who bought this plugin to do that before it was told that it doesn't?

Hello,

This is Adriano, Toolset support leader. I extremely sorry about this inconvenience but that's a limitation of Types indeed. Checkboxes are stored in a totally different way than other custom fields, it's serialized data.

We will try to get rid over this in the future, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do now.

Hi Oliver, is there anything else we can help you with?

Regards,
Yuri.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.