Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Clean 2000 «cred autoforms pages» on my backend

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem: The "Published" count in the Pages dashboard shows about 2000 Pages that cannot be found on the site.

Solution: I have deleted the "ghost" post entries from the database manually.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 10 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by andresG-3 hace 5 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor
PagesWordPress.png

I am trying to:

Clean some weird "ghost pages" generated during an import data process or form submission. They are more than 2,000 pages. They are not listed on the backend like regular pages.

These are cred autoforms probably from the plugin Toolset Cred. I found on a google search that many users have similar issues.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: I provide a screenshot

I expected to see:

Only the normal wordpress pages that i´ve created and clean the ghost pages on my database (2000 pages).

Instead, I got:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-25 um 14.17.32.png

Attached is a screenshot of Toolset > Post Forms
As you see it cannot be that the ScreenShot you share depicts Toolset Forms autogenerated in the thousands.
There is no such feature that could do that (Automatically generate Forms).

The ScreenShot you show is probably from Dashboard > Pages or Dashboard > Any Post Type, and there you have thousands of posts, that you did not add your self.

Is this correct?

Toolset Forms cannot add posts itself automatically either.
Someone needs to submit the Form to create a Post.

Given the titles of those posts it seems to me (also considering you mention an import) that you imported the Toolset Forms several times to Pages Post Type.

This is however not due to Toolset, it may be due to the import process.

There are no users reporting this issue, that I can find.
Can you link me to some?

It would be crucial to solve such bug fast.

For now, I suspect the import with (any) tool you used to migrate the site or import content generated those posts.

To delete them you can either display 100 posts a time in that list and click 20 times on delete, this should remove the posts in less than 20 minutes.
It's tedious though, and if you prefer, and know what posts you want to delete, we could do that in the database.

It's however safer, and faster, in the WordPress Admin.

Just list 100 (or more, depends on your server) posts a time, then check them all and move to trash, repeat in the trash to delete completely.

This is an OK workaround if this is a unique situation.
If not, if those posts keep coming, we need to know why this happens.

Since Forms cannot do that without explicit submit, we would need to know if it happens without any other plugin but Toolset and a Native WordPress theme as well.

If then the issue persist, we will need precise steps to either replicate this on a fresh install or on a copy of your site.

Please let me know the outcome, so we can then decide how to proceed.

Ok the import plugin that i´ve used is from hidden link im going to copy the answer from the developer:

"After further investigation we found that these are cred autoforms probably from the plugin Toolset Cred.
We cannot know when these created and if it was a bad combination of our plugin with theirs but after founding it a google search will show you that many users have issues with it that they do not use our plugin.

You can find them here hidden link
What you can do is start clean, disable all plugin except those that are explicitly needed for the migration, do the migration and re enable all plugins again.
We remain at your disposal."

I really can`t delete this 2000 pages because in the wp-admin they are not listed. Thats why i named "ghost pages" in first place. I think the same that option would be the simple workaround to solve this.

I explained myself wrong, i want to say "auto-draft" instead of "autoforms".

Now im going to make a backup with updraft and give you access with administrator rights. I have created an user for developer Frederic Gilles and he installed a plugin called "ARI ADMINER" where you can debug the problem viewing my wp database.

How can i give you safely the user and password to look at this?
please let me know. thanks in advance.

Hi, I have activated private reply fields here so you can share credentials.

post-status.png
post-title.png
ghosts.png

Here are my findings:
- There are only 28 posts in the auto-draft state, as you can see in the screenshot post-status.png.
- There are only 28 posts with a post title "LIKE" Auto Draft, as you can see in the screenshot post-title.png.
- Some Auto Draft or CRED Auto Draft posts are expected, as these are used by CRED to prevent duplicate post submissions.
- There are 1987 Page posts with no post title, with post dates of Feb 7 2018, as you can see in ghosts.png.
- 1986 of the Pages with no title were published on Feb 7 2018 between 5:56pm and 6:01pm. This indicates an automated process like an import or a custom code snippet, because the publish date/times and post IDs are often sequential and always tightly spaced.
- Why these Pages do not appear in wp-admin is not obvious to me, but it's also not obvious to me why you think that these ghost pages are related to CRED Auto Drafts. I can't see any direct or indirect relationship between them. Can you explain in more detail how you came to this conclusion?
- Does your site migration date coincide with Feb 7 2018? Any other processes you can think of on that date?

Great Christian! thanks for your detailed feedback!

As I mentioned early the developer from the importer plugin (joomla to wordpress articles) told me that this "1986 of the Pages with no title were published on Feb 7 2018 between 5:56pm and 6:01pm" wasnt an error from their side.

- Why these Pages do not appear in wp-admin is not obvious to me, but it's also not obvious to me why you think that these ghost pages are related to CRED Auto Drafts. I can't see any direct or indirect relationship between them. Can you explain in more detail how you came to this conclusion?

I think that because of this answer from third party developer:

FredericGilles.net Support team <support@fredericgilles.net>
sáb., 3 mar. 16:28

Dear Andrés Giannotta,
After further investigation we found that these are cred autoforms probably from the plugin Toolset Cred.
We cannot know when these created and if it was a bad combination of our plugin with theirs but after founding it a google search will show you that many users have issues with it that they do not use our plugin.

You can find them here hidden link
What you can do is start clean, disable all plugin except those that are explicitly needed for the migration, do the migration and re enable all plugins again.
We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Byron Iniotakis

- Does your site migration date coincide with Feb 7 2018? Any other processes you can think of on that date?

Yes, i think that was one of the attempts to import joomla articles to my new wordpress installation.

Okay I don't really understand their analysis but I think it's not all that important. The point is you want these posts deleted from the database. I'll be happy to create a backup of your database, then move these 1986 Pages to the Trash for now. That will give you the opportunity to browse the site and confirm everything is working as expected. Then you can empty the Trash when you have completed your check. If any problems arise, we can revert to the backup and investigate.

Let me know if you approve of this plan and I will get started.

Ok Christian! please proceed with your plan. Hoping to solve this issue.

Please i´ve updated the other issue

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/contact-form-send-an-email-notification-using-custom-field-from-profile-page/

but still not working. The lawyer didnt received the new message notification.

Thanks in advance!

I'll get started. I will follow up on your other ticket in turn. Let's not try to discuss other tickets here - it just gets confusing.

Okay the ghost pages have been deleted. Let me know if you need me to revert the database and I'll take care of it as soon as possible.

Ok Christian I think that wordpress is working just fine. Thanks for your help!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.