Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Check box fields not staying checked when child posts are set

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
Check box fields not staying checked when child posts are set

Solution:
We just published the new release for Types v3.0.2, Views v2.6.2 and Forms 2.0.1. Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins (Toolset plugins you are currently using) to it's latest official released version and try to resolve your issue.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/check-box-fields-not-staying-checked-when-child-posts-are-set/#post-920298

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 9 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Simon hace 5 años, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

We have a custom field called 'issue-approved-for-publication'

When I tick the box, and Update the post where the custom field is present, the field state is not changed.

I have also tried changing it by enabling 'custom fields' as an option on my Custom Post Type ('Issues') and directly adding '1' in there - but it still doesn't work.

Note that the affected post - hidden link - has child posts, using an intermediate post type. I believe it is the child posts which are the problem.

I have created a new post and saved it as a Draft. I tick the box 'Issue approved for publication' - and when I save it, it stays ticked.

hidden link

However, when I add a child post via 'Articles to Issues', and update the draft again, the box unticks!

This setup has been working for a long time - Toolset has not yet been updated to the latest version - so I wonder if a WordPress update has caused this?

I have actually observed the behaviour on another site of ours (similar set up, but with Toolset completely up-to-date). They both have up-to-date WP cores and a spread of plugins.

We have NUMEROUS websites using this kind of intermediate child post setup, so I am very concerned about this particular bug.

I have now identified this issue on a third site. I can provide the debug info for the other affected sites if that would be useful

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - this issue is known to us and fix will be published within this week or next week start.

I will update you as soon as I see fix is published.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - we just published the new release for Types v3.0.2, Views v2.6.2 and Forms 2.0.1. Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins (Toolset plugins you are currently using) to it's latest official released version and try to resolve your issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You can download latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

The latest version appears to have resolved the issue. Many thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.