Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Change wpv-loop wrap = "4" to wrap = "1" on the mobile device

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 10 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by kasparB hace 4 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

I want the view slider to display differently on different devices. On desktop in 4 columns, on mobile devices in 1 (not 4 in a column, but only 1 slide).
What it looks like now:
<wpv-loop wrap="4" pad="false">
[wpv-item index=1]
<div class="row bottom-slider bslider-line">
<div class="col-md-3">[wpv-post-body view_template="artworks-in-collection-v2-slider-slide"]</div>
[wpv-item index=other]
<div class="col-md-3">[wpv-post-body view_template="artworks-in-collection-v2-slider-slide"]</div>
[wpv-item index=4]
</div>
</div>
</wpv-loop>

On mobile, I want to receive:

<wpv-loop wrap="1" pad="true">
[wpv-item index=1]
<div class="row ">
<div class="col-md-12">[wpv-post-body view_template="artworks-in-collection-v2-slider-slide"]</div>
</div>
[wpv-item index=other]
<div class="col-md-12">[wpv-post-body view_template="artworks-in-collection-v2-slider-slide"]</div>
[wpv-item index=pad]
<div class="col-md-12"></div>
[wpv-item index=pad-last]
<div class="col-md-12"></div>
</div>
</wpv-loop>

Are there any ways to change this automatically? Or just by hiding and displaying views using CSS? Will there be conflicts in this case?

Nothing suitable could be found in the documentation.

Sample: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kaspar,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The best way to do this is to use css to load the view that is appropriate for your screen size.

So if you are viewing the page on mobiles then the css will only load the mobile view and vice-versa.

There shouldn't be any conflicts to doing this.

Thanks,
Shane

2020-01-27_22-47-24.png

Thank you, Shane.

I made two similar views with different number of slides per line. In layout I made separate blocks, hidden / displayed depending on the screen size. But on the mobile version, the block of archive objects is not displayed at all, as if not a single one was found.

What could be the problem?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kaspar,

Could you send me a link to the page as well as the css that you are using to switch between these?

Thanks,
Shane

hidden link

@media screen and (min-width:801px) {
.hide-desk {display:none;}
}
@media screen and (max-width:800px) {
.hide-mobile {display:none;}
}

But if you look at the source code of the page, you can see that view does not produce data.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 9.06.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-01-28 at 9.06.43 AM.png

Hi Kaspar,

Thank you for the information.

Actually the mobile view does produce data. See Screenshot

As you can see the items are showing up on mobile view as intended and based on the css that was used.

Thanks,
Shane

2020-01-28_22-48-40.png
2020-01-28_22-45-49.png

If you look in the browser debugger or source code, then in the bottom hour of the page you will see 4 rows with view, 2 of them have the .hide-mobile class and work fine, displaying the necessary data.
The other 2 are similar to the first, but with the class .hide-desk. So there is no data in them, although they should be.

Pay particular attention to the forms: wpv-filter-2924-CPID660 and wpv-filter-2618-CPID660

Shane
Supporter

Hi Kasper,

I see what you mean now.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can have a further look at this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 10.29.21 AM.png

Hi Kaspar,

Have a look now, this should now be working.

The problem was essentially your query filter. Have a look at my screenshot for what it should be.

Please let me know if everything is ok with the page.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi, Shane!

Thanks you very much!
Now everything works. You are the best!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.