Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Cannot Get Markers to Show on Map / Errors on Geocoding API

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by marcusC-4 hace 7 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor
maps-api-errors.jpg

I cannot get markers to appear on maps. I have setup a test site with the 2015 theme, no other plugins active, and no modifications to the template files. I created a CPT called "Houses" & added an address field to it.

I have followed all instructions on this page: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

I have a working API, which I will detail more below.

When I enter an address on my CPT, the map to the right works great & the address field allows me to choose the address as soon as I start typing. Everything is good so far...

After publishing the House post, I created a content template with a map & marker on it -- using the "address" field type I created. The webpage shows the map, but no marker: hidden link

I created another page & tried to manually insert an address using the shortcode generator. I created a map, then created a marker & chose the "an address" option. As I started typing my address, the API worked again & allowed me to choose it. I have published that page, but no marker appears: hidden link

I have double checked in each case to make sure the Map-ID corresponds correctly between the map shortcode & the marker shortcode.

I know the API is working, because I can see in my API Dashboard that the JS API & Place APIs have successful calls & that the Geocoding API has 100% errors. I have attached a screenshot of this dashboard. Clearly, the API is being requested, but won’t work for Geocoding.

I have double-checked that the correct URL has been added to my Browser Key. I have also checked the JS Console for error messages & don’t see any.

I’m happy to provide Admin access to this site or anything else you need to help resolve the issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
you must try to create new API and make sure following APIs are enabled:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Does this help?

2)
If #1 does not help:

Please share problem URL where you would like to display the markers.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I've setup my test google map API key and I can see that map market is working.
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

The issue is from your map API key setup and not with Toolset map. Please replace my test key with your key.

Finally found the issue. It was with a plugin called "Simple Real Estate Pack". I don’t know why it didn’t resolve when I deactivated all plugins but for some reason, it resolved when I just deactivated that one & left other plugins active. Maybe I didn’t give time for server cache to clear before testing???

Anyway, thanks for helping! Turns out it was an issue on our side & had nothing to do with the API.

Marcus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.