Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] cannot add a Post edit link

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The user would like to add a post edit link to an edit form but he encounters an error asking to create a layout and add the form to it, even though he already created the layout and added the form to it.

Solution:
The user has added the form in a content template cell, instead of a Form cell. Once we removed the old cell and added a Form cell, we were able to add the edit post link to the view.

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by larryB-3 hace 3 años, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Autor

I'm trying to add an Edit Post Link on a front end view so that logged in users can edit posts they are the author of. I've followed the instructions here: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1622969-1655453/ but when it comes time to enter the Edit Post Link, I keep getting this pop up error message.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Francés (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

It turns out that we have both used the wrong cell inside the layout. You, first, used a content template cell, then I used a visual editor cell when we have to use a Forms cell. Check this screenshot hidden link

I tested it on my local copy and it works. I'll let you test do it on your site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.