Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Can not add or access media or access WP Content Editor with T & V Enabled

This support ticket is created hace 7 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 11 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Ronald E hace 7 años.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

Basically when Types n Views, the latest updates, is activated I cannot add media nor can I access the media in the media library. The WP Content box does not work either. The content that was in there no longers display even though it shows up on the live website. I cannot switch from Visual to Text mode nor does the Fields and Views button work.

I disable Types and Views and everything works as it should

I did a video showing what is going on.

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

I have other websites on this server with the same configuration that are operating with the same plugin and theme without any issue. I also switched themes and disabled all plugins but T & V and the problem persists.

The client cannot make any changes to their website and have pressing needs. I can provide login info so you can go in and look around.

thanks
Ronald

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ronald

Thanks for sharing the video.

I would expect you to see some JS errors in your browser console, could you please check those and let me know what you see?

Typically in a situation such as this I would expect a conflict from 3rd party code, either your theme or another plugin.

To check, could you try switching theme and re-test.

If not that, could you disable all non-Toolset plugins and re-test.

If that resolves the problem you can identify the source of the conflict by re-activating your plugins one-by-one (or in batches) to narrow down which.

Let me know how you get on.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ronald

I notice you already posted about this before and have tried changing theme and disabling plugins, so let's save some time and I'll get your site credentials from your directly.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes other than possibly to temporarily add a backup plugin to take a snapshot of the site.

Please go ahead and report here any errors you see in the browser console.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ronald

I visited your site and the browser console was littered with errors when I tried to perform various basic post edit actions.

I tried to add a plugin to take a duplicate of your site was unable to add any plugins, and I tried the FTP credentials you provided which showed an empty directory when loaded, I couldn't find your WordPress installation.

Could you please provide a duplicate of your site so that I can test. There are directions here for using the duplicator plugin, though the All-in-One WP Migration plugin would also be suitable and is very easy to use.

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I'll mark your reply as private so you can share the URL where you make the archive files available (e.g. via dropbox). You can ignore the template asking for your site credentials.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ronald

I still can't use that to install plugins via the backend (it requires FTP credentials but doesn't like the ones you provided), and if I try to use an FTP client to connect with the latest host you provided it routes me to home/rford every time, which is an empty directory.

If WordPress doesn't have write access to your server to install a plugin, I'm not sure how well the backup plugins will work, but could you please install All-in-One WP Migration and let me know when you have and I will try to generate an archive with that.

Hi Nigel,

I'm sorry for the problems you are encountering.

You needed SSH2 selected in order to install the plugins. I also found out from my IT dept that since you were unrecognized via FTP you were blocked by the server security which I supposed is a good thing.

I did install All-in-One WP Migration as you requested. Standing by if you need anything else.

Ronald

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ronald

Thanks for that. I was able to take a duplicate of your site for testing.

The first thing I did was to test your theme and plugins for conflicts, and narrowed down the problem to the LayerSliderWP plugin.

Disabling it on my test site resolved the problem, and I checked on your site and it also allowed the normal back-end functionality to work.

The normal process here, then, is for me to create a clean test site and install that plugin with Types and Views so that I can reproduce the problem. But I cannot. It works fine on a clean installation, but is a problem on yours, even when disabling all other plugins and switching to a standard theme.

I'm consulting with my colleagues about how to proceed and I'll get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

After some further testing there is not much else I can do, I have escalated this to second tier who will examine your site further to see if they can identify the problem.

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your efforts Nigel, it's greatly appreciated. I will wait to hear from you on what the second tier finds outs.

We are on this now.

I noticed 2 interesting points you mention:

Basically when Types n Views, the latest updates, (issue appears)...
and
I have other websites on this server with the same configuration that are operating with the same plugin and theme without any issue. I also switched themes and disabled all plugins but T & V and the problem persists.

I am trying to get to the source of this issue now.

It may require some time as it's not a "classic" bug where you can just follow steps to replicate it.

You will hear from us ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

I am not able to replicate this problem.

I have a solution, but it will only work if you agree to this and it it's not too time wasting for you (it takes about 20 minutes).

1. In Toolset > Import/Export export all Types and Views Data
2. In Tools > Import/Export export all posts, meta and every other content of WordPress
3. On a fresh WordPress install with your Layer Slider and Theme activated, inclusive Types and Views, head to Toolset > Import/Export and import all data.
Make sure to fully overwrite all settings and import everything.
Then import as well every content in Tools >Import/Export.

This works, it solves the error.

The issue must be somewhere in the Database, and I asked our Developers to look into this, but since it's not a replicable issue, it will require some time to figure out where from the issue is coming.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Hi Beda,

Thank you for the follow through. I can at least turn off Layer Sliver to make changes then turn it back on. It's not ideal but I can make changes again.

This is one of my older websites with Types done in 2013. It's definitely been through alot of Types and Views updates that could have currupted the database. Since it's only 1 website and all the others are working I'll close this ticket and keep the directions above in case things worsen and I'll need something stronger to kick T&V back into working order.

Respectfully,
Ronald E

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.