Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] After updating types I get Array error in Custom Field

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 16 respuestas, has 6 mensajes.

Last updated by Christian Cox hace 7 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

Today I upgraded types and after doing that if I go to Users > Edit Custom User Fields set up loose their value and instead get filled with Array.

Please have a look urgently.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.32.18 PM.png

I just replicated this on my staging environment. Tested changing of user before upgrade and all is fine. I then upgraded, changed the same user again and got the Array message. This is very urgent as it seems to be completely over writing the data. Where can I roll back to the previous version please?

i have same problem after updating types

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 3.08.11 PM.png

Hi trigger, I see you are having problems with some custom fields after updating Types to version 2.2.7. You mentioned that you are modifying these fields in Users > Edit Custom User Fields. Types custom user fields are managed under Toolset > User Fields, or Toolset > Edit User Field Group, and in a basic WordPress setup I don't have a menu item for Users > Edit Custom User Fields. Can you tell me which plugin creates these custom user fields and this menu item? There may be a plugin compatibility issue with the latest release that we need to address.

Trigger another client has just mentioned this issue as well, and I realize that I misunderstood where you were seeing the error. Can you confirm that you see this error on a User profile page, when that user was created with CRED? If the user is not created by CRED, do you see the same results?

Hi, yes this issue is from user page. My fault as I mentioned editing a custom field from there. What happens is even if I try to edit a role, and there are existing custom user fields which I Do Not touch, they get over written with Array. I have all this on a staging server so if you want to see let me know and I will give you access.

The custom fields were created one with types (red) and the others with paidmembershippro and affiliatewp.

Error persists whether the user was created by cred or not.

In my case most users were created using gravity forms registration addon.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 4.19.21 PM.png

I'm having the same issue.
ALL custom user data has been lost and just shows in the backend as "Array"

I can't even wipe that data out and move forward.
As it stands right now It has killed all functionality on the site.

*PLEASE* May I recommend you issue an IMMEDIATE release to all users: DON'T UPDATE.
Or, take the broken/updated plugin offline so they just can't.

Trigger, with your permission I would like to use a plugin called Duplicator to create a clone of your website that I can install locally for testing. I would need to log in to your WordPress admin and install the plugin, then generate the clone package and transfer it to my local environment. I have enabled a private reply field here so you can submit those login credentials. Only you and I will be able to access those. With your permission, I will proceed.

Enabling private reply here

array error.png

I was working this morning, everthing was fine. From one moment I got this Array problem. This only happens to me if I edit user-settings from the backend of wordpress.

Update: I was able to fix this by using the restore tool of our hosting. I just restored the types plugin.

Thanks Christian and Beda for that patch, however, I have rolled back to the previous types version pending and official fix for this as it is too serious a bug to patch it up with a non official provisional fix. Beda - you are fantastic though for posting that solution so quickly :).

I will leave this topic open for now for the benefit of others.

All: this has been fixed in today's 2.2.8 release. Please feel free to update to the latest version of Types to confirm the issue is resolved. Thanks for your patience!

El debate ‘[Cerrado] After updating types I get Array error in Custom Field’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.