Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Address field not functioning correctly for Google maps

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Nigel hace 4 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

I am trying to: Use the Address field to input Map Marker addresses

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Available Google places addresses when typing in the field, coordinates option below the field, and map to see location of address entered.

Instead, I got: A standard single line field without Google maps functionality.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please check your field group's settings and make sure that the field's type is set to "Address"?
( WP Admin -> Toolset -> Custom Fields )

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details so that I can check the field and troubleshoot accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Kenneth

Waqar has a couple of days holiday so let me jump in here.

I used the credentials you provided but they weren't very helpful. I'm not sure what role the user is, but it doesn't appear to be administrator, I can see the user profile in the backend but nothing else at all.

Could you update the profile so the user is an administrator?

Nigel: Whoops. Sorry about that. You now have Admin privileges on that USER account.
K

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Kenneth

I resolved the problem, though I suspect you have other problems on your site.

Firstly, the issue itself.

When editing a Review I noted there was a JS warning arising from the Maps API being loaded multiple times on the same page: Toolset Maps was loading it, but so too was Divi.

So I went to Divi settings and disabled the option to enqueue Google Maps scripts.

Now when editing a Review, the address field works.

But note that I was unable to edit Review posts until after I disabled other plugins except those required to test the issue (Types and Maps). Also, when I first visited the back-end there were debug warnings displayed relating to the Divi carousel plugin.

So you will probably want to review your PHP logs and check to see if you have any underlying issues, but the issue with the address field itself is resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.