Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Adding chosen search filters under search to remove after search populates

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 4 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

AG
search.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm hoping to have something like I've created on a screenshot below. Once the user searches, the filters will show up below at individual links that the user can then click the x next to it to remove it. Is this possible?

Is there any documentation that you are following? No documentation. I've done a quick search but nothing really comes up as I'm not sure how to search for this sort of functionality.

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site? It is currently a staging site and I can get the info for you but don't want it to be up live on the web. Let me know if I can send that to you?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such feature available to add such custom styles filter with views.

However - please check the following ticket that may help you and you can implement that chosen-select if that fits in to your requirement.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limit-number-of-options-visible-in-search-dropdown-box-taxonomy-scroll-list/#post-1136059

AG

Thanks for looking into this. The article you linked to doesn't really have anything to do with what I wanted unfortunately but it is a handy feature, how can this be implemented to my speakers category list I have?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Do you mean that you want to apply the solution I shared with the following reply on your site?
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limit-number-of-options-visible-in-search-dropdown-box-taxonomy-scroll-list/#post-1136059

If yes:
- You need to add the following code to your current theme's functions.php file:

function enqueue_chosen_jquery() {
    wp_register_style( 'custom_chosencss', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>', false, '1.1.0', 'all' );
    wp_register_script( 'custom_chosenjs', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>', array( 'jquery' ), '1.1.0', true );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'custom_chosencss' );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'custom_chosenjs' );
    }
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_chosen_jquery' );

And add the following code to your view's Search and Pagination section's JS box:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
   $(".chosen-select").chosen({
    no_results_text: "No items found!",
    max_selected_options: 5
   });
});

And make sure to add the class "chosen-select" to your speaker's category filter.

If you do not know how to do it, please feel free to share access details and problem URL where you added your view and I would be happy to fix it for you.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.