Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Youtube Embed playlist feature not working with [wpv-post-title]

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexG-4 vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I want to use the YouTube Embed plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/youtube-embed/) alongside [wpv-post-title].

This shortcode call:

[youtube search="yes"]Daniel Schmachtenberger[/youtube]

creates a video playlist using "Daniel Schmachtenberger" as a search term for YouTube.

I'm trying to use this version:

[youtube search="yes"][wpv-post-title output="sanitize"][/youtube]

to dynamically create the search term, but I'm not getting a playlist

This video shows the problem

hidden link

It seems as if there might be an issue with the order in which the shortcodes are evaluated. Is there any control over that?

Thanks

Alex

The youtube shortcode you use is enclosing and hence, everything inside it is handled by that ShortCode.
It seems either it does not do_shortcode on the enclosed content, or any other issue (of that shortcode) stops wpv-post-title to work.

I suggest making a simple test with a custom shortcode to see if Toolset or ShortCodes, in general, are the issue.
For example, you can use this in your functions.php:

function bartag_func( $atts ) {
	$a = shortcode_atts( array(
		'foo' => 'something',
		'bar' => 'something else',
	), $atts );

return "foo = {$a['foo']}";
}
add_shortcode( 'bartag', 'bartag_func' );

Then add to your ShortCode (instead of using a Toolset ShortCode) this:

[bartag foo="this" bar="other"]

You should see your youtube shortcode trying to pull data for "foo = this"
If not, it means that ShortCode does not execute nested ShortCodes.

Thanks, Beda.

I'll take it up with the plugin author.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.