Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] WordPress shortcodes showing in email notifications

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 4 Jahre, 3 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel
Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 16.33.35.png

Hiya

The shortcode for the email notification [wpv-post-body view_template="None"] is showing WordPress shortcodes as per the image attached. Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Thanks loads

Nathalie

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nathalie

Can I check the details here so I can try and reproduce this?

You have a form to publish posts.
The notification from that form includes the post body in the content of the email, using the wpv-post-body shortcode.
The content of the post itself, submitted with the form, includes shortcodes such as, in your example, the caption shortcode, and this is being printed as text in the notification.

Is that a correct description of your setup?

Thanks for your quick response Nigel. I am sorry I had missed the email notification!

Yes that is correct

The content of the post includes an image (Add media) with a caption. The caption shortcake which is generated by WordPress is showing on the email as per my image.

Nathalie

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not able to reproduce this.

I created a form to publish posts which includes a notification sent when the form is submitted that includes the post content (from the wpv-post-body shortcode) in the notification body.

When completing the form I inserted an image with a caption in the content of the post and submitted the form.

I then checked the resulting email and saw that the caption shortcode had been correctly parsed and the caption displayed.

I don't have any info about your site, so I would ask that you first try the following:

- make sure that WordPress and all plugins are up-to-date, then test again
- try disabling all non-Toolset plugins and test again
- try switching theme to twentynineteen and test again

If disabling other plugins helps fix the problem then you should be able to identify the source of any conflict by a process of elimination.

Let me know how you get on.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.