Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Which Date Format to update Date Field

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by mirjanaM vor 6 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

i have made a post form with Formidable which have a Date field and is not compatible to Custom Fields made with Types. But i have to update my Types Field and have much Problems here so i hope anyone can help.

What i have figured out is that Toolset Types saves the date in Unix format. So with help from the formidable devlopers i have this code now. This will adjust the date format before that custom field (from formidable) is saved.
But the Problem here is furthermore not working and i get wrong values like 01/04/1970 in Types Field.

add_filter( 'frm_new_post', 'create_a_custom_field', 10, 2 );

function create_a_custom_field( $post, $args ) {

$field_id = 102; // change 25 to the id of the field to draw from

if ( isset( $_POST['item_meta'][ $field_id ] ) ) {

$field_value = sanitize_text_field( $_POST['item_meta'][ $field_id ] );

$post['post_custom']['wpcf-startzeit-produkttests'] = gmdate( 'timestamp', $field_value ); // uncomment to save a different date format and change 'custom_field_name_here'

}

return $post;

}

Please Help

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Vereinfachtes Chinesisch (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear mirjana,

According to our Customer Support Policy, we do not provide custom codes support:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

I am not familiar with the Formidable plugin, I assume the Formidable plugin is passing the POST parameter for date field, like this:
2009-02-15 (Y-m-d)

You can try to modify your PHP codes, for example, replace this line, from:

$post['post_custom']['wpcf-startzeit-produkttests'] = gmdate( 'timestamp', $field_value );

To:

$date = DateTime::createFromFormat('Y-m-d', $field_value);
$post['post_custom']['wpcf-startzeit-produkttests'] = $date->getTimestamp();

More help:
hidden link

Hi Yang,

sorry this is also not working (try´d just now). I think you misunderstood this, this code should adjust the date format before that custom field (from formidable) is saved.
So what i need is the right date format for wp-types custom field, so the date will be accepted from wp-types custom field wenn form is saved.

Hi Yang,

sorry its working.

I make something wrong. Sure you where right with this 🙂

Thank You