Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] When I change information in a parent post some information changes in child pos

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by francoiseR vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

Since some days ago (perhaps a pair of weeks) I detected than when I change information in a parent post, in their child post change some important information: custom sidebar (plugin: custom sidebar) and SEO information (plugin: WordPress SEO). Changing any information in parent post, the SEO and custom sidebar changes automatically and it puts the same information of their parent post.

I can't understand why happens because since I use the plugin never happened. Perhaps it starts when I updated types last time, but I'm not sure.

I hope that exist some solution because is really uncomfortable

Best regards,

One more thing than I forgot write. Also, when I change information in a parent post, in the child post dessapear information in a multiple date/time field created with types, not everything but a lot of them

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Vereinfachtes Chinesisch (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear Francoise,

Could you try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme,
2) enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

PHP Debugging

In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

Dear luoy,

I made a copy of the web in local and I followed the steps you mentioned. I didn't get any errors of views or types. After this I tried activating SEO WordPress plugin and, althougth it didn't show any error, the problem thay I explaneid appeared again. Perhaps there are some incompatibility between this plugin and types, then I must get ride of it (because the problem is the same before and after last update).

One more time, thanks for your great support!