Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] We could not connect to the Google Maps autocomplete service, error

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by nabils vor 3 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi,
I was using google maps in my website to show locations and it was working fine. However, now it shows an error "We could not connect to the Google Maps autocomplete service, but you can add an address manually." Please advise what can be the problem.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nabils,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you check to ensure the following 3 API's are enabled for your map Maps API, JavaScript API, Geocoding API, and Places API.

Thanks,
Shane

Where I can check all this sittings? What I remember, that I have added API key in toolset map sittings when I start developing the website.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nabils,

What I would recommend that you do is to recreate your API key by following the instructions in the list below.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

pg.png

Thank you for your reply.
I have recreated an API key but still not working.

pg1.png

Please find the screenshot attached.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nabils,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nabils,

The issue is definitely your API key as i'm getting this message when I check the API key "REQUEST_DENIED - This API project is not authorized to use this API."

Ensure that the URL for your API key match's your website's URL. If you're able to remove the URL restriction from your API key please remove it and try again.

Thanks,
Shane

I already did not make any restrictions for the API key.

Shane
Supporter

HI Nabils,

The issue is definitely with the API Key as when I tested one that we have here your maps validated and worked fine.

Could you send me a screenshot of your API setup on Google ?

Thanks,
Shane

api key.png

Please find it attached.

The problem was with the API Key I used. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.