Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Views -> Slider – [wpv-woo-related_products], No Slider is created.

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 4 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to:
I am trying to create a slider from the related products shortcode [wpv-woo-related_products] using views - Display Results as Slider.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Related products within a slider.

Instead, I got:
An unorganized list of related products.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 10.34.35.png
Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.23.png

In your Layout template for products you have a cell that includes the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, that's what we are referring to, right?

That shortcode doesn't take any arguments to modify its output (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-woo-related_products), and it uses the WooCommerce API to reproduce what WC itself outputs for related products on standard product templates (second screenshot).

If you want to display a slider of related products then, in place of the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, you would need to create a slider View for that of other products of the same category, for example.

"If you want to display a slider of related products then, in place of the wpv-woo-related_products shortcode, you would need to create a slider View for that of other products of the same category, for example."

Yes, that is what I want. Now that we know what I want. Can you give me instructions or show me the documentation with for this specific topic?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Paul

Yes, sorry, here's the link to the documentation describing using Views to make a slider from posts: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.