Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Views are not rendered in beaver builder

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Hi.

Because of the latest issue between Layouts and Beaver Builder, I have decided to rebuild my site with the Beaver Builder theme using Views and content templates.

I used to use layouts to layout my pages, but now I have to use Beaver Builder instead, but the views are not rendered in beaver builder when I insert them.

Please see this screencast, that illustrates the issue. hidden link

I am using the latest version of beaver builder pro. 1.8.6. Is the integration broken with this version?

Kind Regards

Henrik

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henrik

Firstly, let me re-state the problem so that it is clear.

If you add views to a page designed with Beaver Builder page builder via wpv-view shortcodes in text elements, those views render correctly when viewing the page itself, but are blank when designing the page in page builder, making the job of designing the layout difficult.

I observed the same when trying it myself.

When you use Beaver Builder to design a Views Content Template then in the Page Builder bar at the top of the page there is a dropdown to select a post to use for sample content while designing the template. One of the options from that dropdown is "No shortcode rendering", which if selected means that at least you see the shortcode in the text cell rather than it being completely blank.

You don't have such an option when editing a page.

I think the best way forward for you would be to create a new feature request ticket, which will be assigned directly to the relevant developer and is I think the quickest way for you to bring this to their attention.

If you open a new thread you will see at the bottom of the page you can select what kind of help you need and can specify feature request. Sorry for the duplication that implies. I re-wrote the problem in text (rather than your video) above so that you can use it to save time drafting a request.

In the meantime, you may not have seen that we have some dedicated documentation about the BB integration with Toolset here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#integration-themes-plugins

I have created this feature request : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/render-the-views-when-page-are-edited-in-beaver-builder/

I hope it will be fixed, since beaver builder is not really completely integrated before I can do page layouts with it since Layouts and BB does not work well together.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

As I mentioned in the other thread, the developer wants to treat this as a bug and so I am re-opening this, your original ticket, and have escalated it to our second tier to investigate further.

I'll keep you updated when I have any feedback.

Thanks for your patience.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

Our developers have provided a fix for this issue which will be included in the next Views update.

In the meantime you can apply a temporary fix as described in the following errata: https://toolset.com/errata/view-content-not-rendered-properly-beaver-builder-editor/

Could you please follow the instructions there and if you have any problems let me know.

not-really-there-yet.jpg

Well, it is "better" but not really actually

At least now you can see that the page includes something, but it looks as if the views are not rendered.

And as if the views are the same.

See the screenshot.

Each red box holds a view, the widget is a standard wordpress widget.

The views are different, and they are showing different posts.

I did my tests on a localhost, not the live site.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henrik

I'm just reviewing the tickets marked as fixed in next release in anticipation of a slew of updates for the main Toolset plugins intended to be published after the weekend when testing is completed.

It looks like I overlooked your last update—sorry for that—which may have already been fixed in the last updates.

In any case, let me know if you still have problems after applying the updates next week.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.