Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] How to link a map marker to larger Google Map with same marker

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How to add a link to a map marker which will open up the same map in Google Maps itself (for a larger map) and still display a marker in the same location?

Solution:
Output the Types address field as part of a google URL in a format like so:

<a href='https://www.google.com/maps/place/[types field='street-address'][/types]'>View address on Google</a>

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Sasank vor 5 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

How to show a link in popup when marker is clicked with a link to "View larger map" ? I searched a lot but unable to find option to give user link to view the location on larger google map.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Where would you expect the users to see a larger map?

You could create a new View to show a larger map.

Say your first map is displaying "location" posts on a map.

Then your second View would need to also display locations on a map (where the settings are to display a larger map), but you would need to add a Query Filter to only show the location set by a URL parameter (e.g. 'locationid'). You would insert this View onto a page (e.g. "detailed map", which has a post ID of 123).

Then in your first map for the marker pop-up you would create a link to the detailed map page, adding a URL parameter for the locationid, something like

<a href="[wpv-post-url id='123']?locationid=[wpv-post-id]">View larger map</a>

See https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/

Thanks for your reply Nigel. Sorry for confusion, I just want the link to open that location on google maps (maps.google.com) where they can have other options like direction etc....

Nigel
Supporter

You need to output the Google link with the lat and lon in a particular format, and you can use the format attribute in the types shortcode that outputs the address to achieve the required format.

So I added the following to my template for locations which use a "street-address" custom field:

<a href='<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='street-address' format="@FIELD_LATITUDE,FIELD_LONGITUDE,15z"][/types]'>View on Google</a>

It opens the google map with those coordinates but dosnt place the marker!

Nigel
Supporter

You can use a slightly different URL with the unformatted address and Google is smart enough to figure it out:

<a href='<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='street-address'][/types]'>View address on Google</a>

It didnt work but I guess I need to explore a bit more on google api side, I was thinking there must be something in toolset plugin to do it which is why I opened the ticket.

Nigel
Supporter

What is an example of the address that is saved for your address custom field?

I tried the above on my local test site and it worked as expected.

This format worked out for me

<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em> field='street-address' format='@FIELD_LATITUDE,FIELD_LONGITUDE'][/types]&z=16&t=m&hl=en-US&gl=US&q=[types field='company-branch-address'][/types]">View on google</a>
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.