Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Using fields from parent and grandparent in search

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Artikel

Hi,
I have two questions regarding toolset view.

First, I want to use search in the view based on the parent post field. I tried to add the field but the search is not working.
Second, I want to add grand parent field in a view. When adding the field it will not show any value.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

After troubleshooting, I managed to make the form pick the passed on "Department" field value using the following changes:

1. In the form "EnglnvRequest Form", I update the "Department" field's code from:

[cred_field field='enginvrequests-dep'force_type='field' class='form-control' urlparam="enginvitem-department" output='bootstrap']

To:

[cred_field field='enginvrequests-dep' post='enginvrequest' value='' urlparam='enginvitem-department']

2. In the content template "EngInvItem", I added the following link, that leads to the form's page while keeping the department value in the URL:

<a href="[wpv-post-url id='51266']&parent_enginvitems_id=[wpv-post-id]&enginvitem-department=[types field='enginvitem-department'][/types]" target="_self">Reserve</a>

As a result, if you'll use the second "Reserve" link on the page "/?enginvitems=test-location-cs", you'll see that the department field value will be populated correctly.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.