Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Using a View with JSON output to populate generic select field in a Form nope!

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Stuart

As per the reply to your comment, there is a shortcodes folder in versions 3.3 and 3.3.1 (which are the affected versions), I just double-checked the zip archives from toolset.com/account/downloads.

If you have an earlier version you shouldn’t be affected, the issue was introduced with version 3.3

firefox_2020-10-13_10-40-54.png
firefox_2020-10-13_10-38-29.png

Hmm, here are the versions I am running... and I cant see the option to update 'legacy' views in the updater any longer ...

and this version I dont have the folder and its not working... I can give you access and logs if you like?

Cheers

Hello,

Since you are using Toolset Blocks plugin, you don't need to install Toolset Views plugin, you can try these:
1) Download and unzip that zip file, get the patch file "internals.php"
2) Use it to replace the same file of Toolset Blocks plugin:
toolset-blocks\application\controllers\shortcode\resolver\internals.php

Then test again

Right, ok ... so I was hoping to use both so I could continue to use all of my old Views stuff and then test and migrate if I found it to be how I needed it...

It works if I deactivate Toolset Blocks ok... but now I cant test this on the same site. ? is that right?

Toolset Blocks plugin is advanced version of Toolset Views plugin, we recommend you use Blocks plugin in your new projects, as you see the Toolset Views plugin has been moved into Legacy plugins:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

And you are right, in order to activate Toolset Views plugin, you will need to deactivate Toolset Blocks plugin first.

and to be clear, the new version - Toolset Blocks has all the same features of the old legacy Views, so I can use this instead and still have all of the same options... ?

Apologies for the questions, I just want to ensure I am not going to break any production sites (Ill test first in staging, but to be sure).

Cheers

Yes, you are right, Toolset Blocks plugin has all the same features of the old legacy Views plugin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.