Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] User registration on real estate site – where to start?

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
How to create a User Login / register form on a site

Solution:
You will use CRED.
With CRED, you will setup a user Form and display this Form anywhere on your Site.
The user will then be able to register with this Form to your site and after, login to your site with WordPress default Login screens.

You can determine the Role the user will have and also decide whether or not to send automated email notification.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms/

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by zoeS vor 8 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

I have installed the real estate reference site locally and so far it looks great. My client is interested in having features similar to the iProperty component for Joomla, whereby users can register on the site and save their favourite properties and searches for example, and can be notified by email of new properties that match their criteria. I'm not sure where to start! Are you aware of any WordPress plugins that could be used to make any of this possible? Many thanks.

This is possible with Toolset but it will require a considerable amount of Time and eventual Custom CRED and WordPress API code.

The Toolset is developed to create and display data.

You can not by default save searches and such.

This things (usually, the Search URL) would be needed to be saved as user meta.
You can do this with the Toolset and WordPress API, but if you are not familiar with PHP, it will require some study on this topic.

Also, a notification can be sent with CRED forms only.
This usually happens when a Form is submitted (either edit or create)

You can set the recipients of those notifications in the CRED Form, and also you can create workflows that allow a User to "subscribe" to a certain thing (usually a Post Type).
But also here, this is advanced usage of Toolset together with the API's

I can help with that, but not fully develop it for you.
I can assist with tips and tricks and instruct where and how to use the API.

Each task or issue would be a new Thread.

We would start with the Content Creation and then go over to the meta field setup for the users.
After, we would hit the Application logic, where you update this meta data programmatically, and here you will need PHP and the appropriate knowledge (with which I can assist but not develop it)

As for if I know a plugin that would handle all this, there are few things you might want to look at:
hidden link
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-meter/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-keyword-statistics/

None of those support "save Search" features.

It also will highly depend, what sort of searches you would like the user to save.

A simple setup could be a few Views with Query Filters, which the user can visit on your Site.
He could simply "bookmark" those pages.

I know that this is not what you imagine right now, but this feature you wish, is not very well present in the WordPress world.

We can get close to it with Toolset.

It will be a relatively long development journey to which I am happy to assist you with, always with the restriction in mind, that I can not develop the PHP logics for you, but I can assist with it.

Thank you for the interest, and please let me know if you want to proceed with this.

Wow Beda, thank you so much for putting so much time and thought in to your reply. It sounds like too big an undertaking for me with this particular project, but it's very useful information for the future. Thank you again.

Hey, reviewing this thread I just wanted to ensure that you are aware of ione thing:

1. It is very simple to let users register on your site, using CRED:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms/

Just to be sure, I did not miss the most obvious here 🙂

Thank you

Thank you for following up on that, yes I guessed registration itself wouldn't be a problem, it's just how to create features for them to use once they're registered. I think we have kind of concluded that the list creation thing is not at all critical, and we might be able to do the notification thing using a separate CRM.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.