Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Update problems and conflict with Elementor

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Jamal vor 3 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

Hi there from Germany

Actually I do have a row of problems with the types Plugin on several sites.

First: I can´t update the types or the toolset-blocks Plugins,... over the last couple of days,... Error Message:

#####
Aktualisierung fehlgeschlagen: Das Paket konnte nicht installiert werden. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
#####

secondly in my toolset account online,... there is no download Button or Page available, for whatever reason. Clicking on "Downloads" on the left row in my account the Link brings me to the same page. So, how to get the actual Version? Could delete old Version ,... but I don´t get the Version 3.4.2,... simply not there in the account

And finally in the Version 3.4.1 - anytime I activate the types plugin I have a conflict with Elementor (have free and pro installed). In the Moment of activating types the "Edit with Elementor" - Link on top of the WordPress window dissapears. In Back- and frontend

So, how can I move on?

Jörg

screenshot without types activated.png
screenshot types activated.png

the screenshots for the dissapearing "Edit with Elementor" Link

In the meantime I was able to download and install actual Versions of types an toolset-blocks. It did not work in Chrome, but with Opera I was able to.

Unfortunately the "Edit with elementor" link still disappears, when I activate the types plugin

still need help on that,... any known conflict with Elementor there - Maybe a work around?

Jörg

I actually tried it on different Websites as well,.. the issue is the same everywhere:

With only 2 Plugins installed Elementor and Elementor pro, If I activate toolset-types the button "edit with elementor" in the Topmenü (frontend) disapperars.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I was able to reproduce the issue of the link in the frontend with only Elementor and Toolset Types. You can check it on this test site hidden link

On the backend, the link "Edit with Elementor" still appears after activating Toolset Types.

I'll escalate this issue to our 2nd Tier for further analysis and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thx for your reply,...
Please let me know as soon as possible. I think this is a major Issue for working with Elementor

Jörg Kamphaus

By the way in your demo you have the Version 3.4.1 installed, but with Version 3.4.2 the issue is the same

Jamal
Supporter

This issue is now escalated to our compatibility team, I'll get back to you as soon as we have something to share.

Jamal
Supporter

Our developers have analyzed this issue and we have published an errata about it. Please check if the published workaround works for you.
https://toolset.com/errata/edit-with-elementor-missing-from-top-admin-bar-when-types-plugin-is-active/

Hi there,... The workaround works (!) in my case,... in the functions.php.

...would appreciate a working toolset-types plugin again in the next update... 🙂

Thx and best regards

Jörg

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback.

Actually, this issue is primarily caused by WordPress and Elementor updates. We have tried to be backward compatible, but we still need that Elementor updates too. We are in contact with the Elementor team to get this fixed.
Hopefully, there will be an Elementor update that will fix this without needing the workaround.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.