Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Toolset Block's View element not showing on front-end

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Waqar vor 3 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hi,

I saw other people posting about the same issue, but they seem to have the problem resolved without the specific resolution mentioned...

I create a Conferences & Events CPT and now I'm using Toolset's Block to create a View to display those events.

I see that in the back-end, no matter the layout I choose, it takes the entire width, and only shows one item (i.e. doesn't loop)... On the site itself, nothing is visible...

So, I create a staging site (hidden link) to investigate the issue and disabled almost all plugins (except Elementor, Toolset and WP Staging Pro) and revert to default theme, nothing makes it work...

So, after looking at some answers, I copied the site locally and was able to make it work, which means the problem might come from my client's server... I did some research and they are on PHP 7.1, so it's not "outdated"...

What other settings could prevent it form working?

I can give you access (in private) to the staging site if you need to look deeper.

Thank you,
Nelson

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for your report and we'll be happy to investigate this.

I've set your next reply as private and you're welcome to share admin access details of this staging website.

Please also activate any PHP info plugin, so that these details are available in the admin area too.
( example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-info-wp/ )

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the MySQL version on that server is "5.5.30", whereas the minimum requirement by WordPress and Toolset is "5.6" or greater.

https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

I'll recommend to get in touch with the hosting's support and request them to update it to MySQL version "5.6" or greater.

As for the View's plugin's legacy status, this decision was made in order to reduce the confusion for new users. Both Blocks and Views plugins are essentially the same plugins from within, as you can control the editing experience from Toolset -> Settings -> General.
( it doesn't matter if Views or Blocks is active )

Although the main focus at the moment is to continue the development of the Blocks so that everything that was possible using classic views can be achieved using the blocks based views, as well, however, there are no immediate plans to completely drop the classic editor part of the views. Users who prefer the classic editor or who are using third-party page builders like Elementor, they can continue using it from within Toolset Blocks, by just switching the editing experience option.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.