Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] The Filter I created has just Vanished

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem: I am working on an older project that has several filters in a custom search View. I'm not able to use the filters. The View will update, but the results are not filtered. I tried to recreate the filters manually, but I cannot find the same filter criteria (the same custom taxonomies) in the list of possible filters, so I can't recreate the filters.

Solution: It appears that these taxonomies and taxonomy terms are no longer present in wp-admin. You can recreate these items manually, using the same slugs, or you can try to export and import from a development site.

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 13 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by BarryS9673 vor 6 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

hidden link

Hi,

I created a filter for the site however for some reason it no longer works, it has not for some time, just only now has the client made me aware, so it may be due to an update, would you kindly look and let me know what you think it is, you understand your software far better than myself.

many thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I was able to see the issue. Would you mind removing the filters and adding them back ? This should resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

I am not sure what you mean remove, if i remove this code, save it and then add it again, nothing really changes other than the listings disappearing. Please elaborate, thanks..

[wpv-view name="coach-holidays-filter"]

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 10.37.17 AM.png

Hi Barry,

I'll use a screenshot to explain a bit further 🙂

So the filter section that you need to remove is in the filter editor of your view here :
hidden link

Then you will need to click on "New Filter" and re-add the filters that were removed.

From the screenshot you can see the exact area i'm referencing to.

Please let me know if this was a bit clearer.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, however when I do that those previous ones do not appear in that list any more, do you think that these have all been lost when the software has been updated at some point.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

To you can just add this as an attribute -> type="select" this should cause the items to display in a select list.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

You have lost me, can you please explain what you mean.

HI, any ideas, please.

Hi, Shane is off today so I've been asked to look into this ticket. I hope that's okay with you. I logged in and took a look at this View and tried to recreate the first filter:

[wpv-control taxonomy="destination-coach-filter" url_param="wpv-destination-coach-filter" type="select" default_label="View All"] 

However, when I delete this filter, I am no longer able to find it when I try to create a new filter for this same taxonomy. The reason is that the destination-coach-filter custom taxonomy does not exist. You cannot add a filter for a taxonomy that does not exist. See here:
hidden link

There are no custom taxonomies, only Categories and Tags. There is no custom field on the Coach Holiday post type called "Destination" either, so I'm not sure how this information was stored. Is it possible someone deleted a custom taxonomy from your site? If not, how was the destination saved before?

Similarly, I was unable to find the next taxonomy filter because that taxonomy does not exist. Can you help clarify what is going on here?

Hi,

I have no idea what was done, I just noticed one day and they no longer were there, I asked the client and never heard back and so ignored it, now they have come back and it has been some time, I can only assume it was lost during the major update.

I think I may just need to create them again and add the filters again.

Thank you for looking into it.

Okay I understand. Feel free to create new tickets if you run into problems recreating this View.

Capture.PNG

Hi,

See here, this is my original copy on my localhost, I will take a look and see how this was set up.

Capture2.PNG

Do, you think it is safe to export these and import them into live site?

It worked, i imported my old ones that were on my local host and it seems to be fine, thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.