Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] The CPTs created by a plugin do no appear in the Dashboard. Can I add support?

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Custom post type (CPT) created using plugins WP Recipe Maker and WP Recipe Maker Premium Elite Bundle do not appear in the dashboard

Solution:
The custom post type created by WP Recipe Maker and WP Recipe Maker Premium Elite Bundle plugins is not publicly queryable.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-cpts-created-by-a-plugin-do-no-appear-in-the-dashboard-can-i-add-support/#post-625353

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by laurieH vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Description of problem:
I would like to extend the CPTs created by the plugins WP Recipe Maker and WP Recipe Maker Premium Elite Bundle, but they do not appear in the Dashboard under "Custom post types created by the theme and other plugins". Can support be added so that they appear here?

Desired result:
I would like to be able to use the fields in the CPTs and Taxonomies created by the plugins as well as add additional fields via Types for use in Beaver Themer. Is this possible with a minimal amount of code?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please share the plugin zip of both of the plugins and tell me which post types you want to display.

It looks like the post type created by plugin is private that is why it will not display within that section but I need to confirm it and to do so I need both plugin WP Recipe Maker and WP Recipe Maker Premium Elite Bundle zip file. You can upload it to some file sharing service and send me the link to download it and also tell me which custom post types you want to display.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The plugins are WP Recipe Maker and the premium add-on WP Recipe Maker Premium
Elite Bundle. I would like to display the CPT - Recipe, and the custom Taxonomy - Ingredients. I also need the intermediate entity that handles how ingredients and recipes are related.
===> Well - you can build post relationship between post types - so if you already have connected custom Taxonomy - Ingredients - its not needed but please not that this will not work like many to many post relationship.

So you need to first understand post relationship - how it work and then you should decide your structure.

More Docs:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-post-type-relationships/

Adjustments I'd like to be able to make to the recipe CPT: Add text field to contain an image URL. Add text field to contain a description URL.
====> Well - does "recipe" post type is accessible at : Toolset => Post types
- If yes - then you should create a custom field group with your desired field and assign the custom field group to "recipe" post type.

More Docs:
=>https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-custom-fields/

Adjustments I would to make to the ingredients taxonomy: indicate if the ingredient is dairy, fish or poultry, for example. I believe I can do this with tags unless you have a better solution? A select field would be preferable if it is possible to add a field to a taxonomy.
=> Yes - you can able to add term meta now just like custom post field group. You can create it from: Toolset =>

More Docs:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/term-fields/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-wordpress-term-fields/

Adjustments I'd like to be able to make to how ingredients are related to recipes: I don't believe I can add a field (it that correct?) but I do want a way to indicate if the ingredient is required, optional, or can be substituted.
===> As ingredients is taxonomy - its already related - correct?

I would then use Views to create the ability for the user to search recipes based on the fields and tags. Exclude shellfish and include vegetables, for example.
===> You can add taxonomy filter but if you have multiple condition with same taxonomy - you need to use view's filter wpv_filter_query

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

Am I correct in thinking that once recipes and ingredients are available to extend in Types that I will be able to do these things without coding?
==> Well - as I said before - you need to first finalize your post type structure and taxonomy structure. If may require little custom programming at some point for example: wpv_filter_query

It looks like the original task in my request has been lost.

Your previous response was:
Could you please share the plugin zip of both of the plugins and tell me which post types you want to display.

It looks like the post type created by the plugin is private that is why it will not display within that section but I need to confirm it and to do so I need both plugin WP Recipe Maker and WP Recipe Maker Premium Elite Bundle zip file.

I responded by sending the requested files. Did you confirm that the post type created by the plugin is private? Can you help make it visible in the "Custom post types created by the theme and other plugins" section of the dashboard?

My follow-up questions were not general to the use of Toolset, but specific to my ability to do them if the CPT, custom taxonomy and relationship created by the plugins were made visible. I do go through your documentation quite thoroughly before posting to support, but thank you for the references.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry - but you misunderstood me here - first of all, I wanted to know which way you wanted to go (regardless of the post types in plugin is public or not) - I wanted confirmation from your side that you wanted to go with post relationship way or the current existing taxonomy way as both approach are different.

However - I installed the both plugins and I see the Recipe and the custom Taxonomy - Ingredient created by the plugin is not publicly queryable.

Here is the path of file where post type wprm_recipe is registered:

plugins\wp-recipe-maker\includes\public\class-wprm-post-type.php

This is the function that register the post type:

public static function register_post_type() {
		$labels = array(
			'name'               => _x( 'Recipes', 'post type general name', 'wp-recipe-maker' ),
			'singular_name'      => _x( 'Recipe', 'post type singular name', 'wp-recipe-maker' ),
		);

$args = apply_filters( 'wprm_recipe_post_type_arguments', array(
			'labels'             => $labels,
			'public'             => false,
			'rewrite'            => false,
			'capability_type'    => 'post',
			'query_var'          => false,
			'has_archive'        => false,
		));

// WP Ultimate Post Grid text search compatibility.
		if ( check_ajax_referer( 'wpupg_grid', 'security', false ) && isset( $_POST['search'] ) ) { // Input var okay.
			$args['exclude_from_search'] = false;
		}

register_post_type( WPRM_POST_TYPE, $args );
	}

As you can see the the argument 'public' => false is set to false. I can also confirm that you can not use this post type anywhere with taxonomy, custom field group, post relationship or views.

I would suggest that its better to use only Toolset plugins rather to be dependent on any other plugin.

Thank you for the clarification Minesh 🙂

Here are my thoughts on building entirely with Toolset vs extending the recipe plugin. I think the decision relies on the environment (my expertise) as well as my desire/ability to pay for consulting, as well as feasibility. If I can overcome the initial stumbling blocks and just extend the recipe plugins that I have then I can get a minimally viable product live with much more functionality almost immediately. This will give me time to also work on building from scratch - and brushing the rust off my coding skills - in order to have something that is much easier to manage in the future.

Working with existing recipe plugin:
I've made the type public - thanks for pointing out how that is done - and will turn off updates. The notice I am now receiving when I view the related taxonomies is "Wrong Taxonomy specified." How do I overcome that?

Building solely with Toolset:
WordPress doesn't seem to handle fractional numbers well, or perhaps Toolset doesn't. This means that it will be tricky when it comes to changing the number of servings in a recipe or converting the units from standard to metric. It will take me time to figure this out, possibly lots of time as there will be a bit of a learning curve.

It would be great if you could continue to help me get the existing plugin CPT and taxonomies accessible in Toolset. In the meantime, I will continue to try to form a better understanding of how the fraction problem should be solved if building from scratch.

Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.