Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Taxonomy Images Issue

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by DavidAlexander vor 7 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

I have read about 10 different topics on this forum and none of them have worked for me.

I have products with attributes which have taxonomies and I am trying to add images to my taxonomy terms for example brands so I can have logos.

I have tried using types and adding an image field under "term fields" but i can't create the right shortcode to output this image on my product page.

So I don't want to display it just on my taxonomy term archives but more importantly on my single product template. I am using views to setup this template and have tried to create 5 or 6 different shortcode functions within my functions.php but been unable to get anything to output.

I also then tried the taxonomy images plugin as most of the documentation on here points to that approach but I can't get that method to work either.

Isn't it better to use the types method and not use another plugin? Types has a terms field section which has allowed me to add an image to the edit terms screen, what do I need to do to output it? My field is wpcf-brand-img

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 13.18.27.png

Hi David

You can do this with Toolset without the need for any extra plugins.

To output term fields you need to be querying the taxonomy terms.

So, create a view where the Content Selection is your Brand taxonomy.

Then add a taxonomy term filter such that the taxonomy is set by the current post (see screenshot).

Then in the Loop Output section use the views shortcodes to output your taxonomy term custom fields, e.g. [types termmeta='brand-image' size='full' align='none'][/types]

Now insert this view on your single product content template as required.

If a product has a brand set then the logo for the brand should be output when you view the product.

Let me know if you run into any problems implementing this.

Thanks Nigel.

That is a much better way of handling it than 90% of the support topic approaches discussed on this forum. Might be worth dropping a few links on those threads pointing to this thread so people stop using an extra plugin that is unnecessary. 🙂

Going to reply to our other thread we have had open while I was travelling later tonight as I have had a chance to review further now.

Thanks again for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.