Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] taxonomie display on search view

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
taxonomie display on search view with checkboxes filter, add container to checkboxes filter with scroll

Solution:
You need to add custom CSS code to add container that holds your checkboxes filter and to display scrollbar.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/taxonomie-display-on-search-view/#post-1684889

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 13 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by romanF vor 3 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
taxonomies2.jpg
taxonomies.jpg

Hey Toolset support-team,

my project has a huge list of taxonomies the user can select or deselect to filter the custom posts. My customer prefers the current version to display the taxonomies. So the list or even the multi-selection list is not a solution since it is too complicated to shift select more than one option. So I am stuck with the displayed selection box option. This is fine but since the list of taxonomies is so long it blows up the search filter in a not so great way.

So I was looking for a pop-up solution to pop up the filter section to select the needed taxonomies. Something like an accordion but just with one option. (A container that can be reduced just to one line)
I hope you understand my idea.
I even did find an accordion block on your documentation site. But it does not exist on my current wordpress site (how can this be?)

What would you recommend for long taxonomy lists if multi selections are important?
Why can't I find the accordion?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no native way to display the taxonomy in other mode other than the filer offers.

However - what if you add a chosen library to make your checkboxes taxonomy filter to multiple select filter?

Please check the workaround I shared with the following related ticket that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/limit-number-of-options-visible-in-search-dropdown-box-taxonomy-scroll-list/#post-1136059

Hi Menesh,
thanks for the shard link. But not all information is accessible. The support did some assistance directly on the page. I can't see what happened there.

But the idea is great. Would it be possible to limit the window of the taxonomy selection to let's say 10 taxonomies with a scroll bar?
The example from the other issue shows a multi-selection-window. Would the same be possible for the check selection type I am using (see screenshot)
If you can help me out - this would be great.

Hi Minesh, sorry for the name typo in my last post.
Since you are working on my other ticket an I gave you access to WordPress and FTP. Can you use this for this issue here as well? Would be great since this seems to be a bit more complicated.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I've access details now. Can you please share problem URL where you added your taxonomy filter?

Here is the URL with the taxonomy filter.
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you but I do not able to make the script working as it seems outdated or needs fixing.

Even if I able to script make working - please note that all your filters should look like multiple select and you will not have checkboxes filter: hidden link

Is that Ok or what if I add some CSS code to display the checkboxes filters within some defined height and if there are more options then it should display scrollbar - is that OK?

Hey Minesh,

your solution with the css code to limit the height and add a scrollbar when bigger is good for me!

Non the less, any idea why the script is broken? I installed a fresh version of Toolset just a few weeks ago and updated when ever an update was available.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've added a CSS class ".class-overflow" to your checkboxes filters from filter's "Advanced" panel CSS Class section.

And then, I've added the following custom CSS to your Block View's "Custom JS and CSS" section's CSS box:

.class-overflow span.wpv-custom-search-filter__input {
max-height:250px;
overflow-y:auto;
}

I can see its working as expected, can you please confirm.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I have one further question. Where can I find the css script with the new class overflow? So I can edit the background color?

Minesh
Supporter

As shared - CSS is added to your Block View's "Custom JS and CSS" section's CSS box on this page:
=> hidden link

Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Please feel free to close the ticket if the issue is resolved 🙂

Great, it works!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.