Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Styling a view. Removing gap between image and post title

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by barryG-4 vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi, I have created a view using Blocks. It looks almost like I want it to look like but inside a container block there is a featured image and underneath that a post title with a coloured background. There is a gap between the coloured background area of the title and the bottom of the featured image. I was able to lessen the gap of other fields under the title as those blocks had margin and padding options but there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of styling options for the title block. How can I get rid of this gap please.

I’d also like to be able to add Age: just before the custom field ‘age’ which displays the numerals you see. I guess I’ll be able to do that by viewing the html code and editing it but if that’s not correct could you help with that too please.

Many thanks,
Barry.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

The view in question is Gallery - All. I will gladly give access in a private message.

Many thanks,
Barry.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I see that with the image you display it adds bottom padding from the Elementor CSS.

Can you please tell me how much space you want to display between image and title? 10px, 15px?

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

I spent all morning on this and eventually I managed to blunder my way through and it's looking fine now. Blocks simply doesn't work for me. What I see on the edit page does not show me what the finished published page looks like and selecting an image size for the featured page and clicking save worked then 2 seconds later, the image size went back to what it was before without me touching anything. I get so frustrated with blocks. I can create gorgeous Post Grids in seconds using Elementor or Unlimited Elementor Post Grids but I can't add custom field data or sort the posts using a custom field so I am forced to struggle with Blocks.

In the end, I added -20px to get rid of the gap then by chance later I saw the alignment options for the image blocks and I set it to wide and for whatever reason, that made the -20px margin overlap the title so I set the margin back to zero and all was perfect. Very odd. I also removed the post title with link block and replaced it with a post title block because that gave the block all the styling needs I wanted. I don't know why the title with link block has no typography styling. Anyway, very clunky and very time consuming but I have what I want now. I can only hope that blocks will be improved and made easier to understand. Without it I cannot make the sites I need but I have to struggle so much because to it. It seems a shame.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Many thanks,
Barry.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.