Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Split: Restore WP Built in category that was deleted within toolset dashboard – how to remove category on frontend?

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 4 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Jas vor 5 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Jas

Yup, sorry! That was easy to see. thanks.

Now regarding the second part: How do I exclude these built in wp categories from displaying on my blog page and and pages, without removing them in actuality. For example, I still need them to be there in the background so that my grid pages will display in the grid, but I don't need them for anything else... thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please share problem URL so I can see on which page and at which section of the page you are referring to.

Jas
blog screenshot.png

yes, it's hidden link

please see screenshot

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - those categories sections displayed using sidebars.

Could you please check your theme settings to remove it from there or find the place from where you can control your sidebars.

If you do not able to find it - send me wp-admin access details and I will try to check.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - you can add following CSS to your theme's style.css file to hide it:

#categories-2 {
display: none;
}

Minesh
Supporter

Before you sent CSS recommendation you asked for login details to take a look at my categories issue. Is there another way to add my custom post category (created with Toolset) to display in sidebar of only the blog post without adding CSS? (as I am a beginner)
==> Well - your original issue is to remove the category section from sidebar and for that I've shared solution that you can hide it by adding custom CSS. This is the solution I shared:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-restore-wp-built-in-category-that-was-deleted-within-toolset-dashboard-how-to-remove-category-on-frontend/#post-1151210

I did remove the WP built in Categories (that I don't want showing, but still need for grids) from sidebar via Appearance>widgets,
==> OK

however how do I display my custom taxonomy (only) in the blog sidebar (without CSS possible?). If you'd rather add the CSS to my theme file on your end, I'm ok with that too.
=> Sorry, which custom taxonomy you want to display in your sidebar?

Jas

Before you sent CSS recommendation you asked for login details to take a look at my categories issue. Is there another way to add my custom post category (created with Toolset) to display in sidebar of only the blog post without adding CSS? (as I am a beginner)
==> Well - your original issue is to remove the category section from sidebar and for that I've shared solution that you can hide it by adding custom CSS. This is the solution I shared:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-restore-wp-built-in-category-that-was-deleted-within-toolset-dashboard-how-to-remove-category-on-frontend/#post-1151210

***So, does that mean that I have to have the built-in Categories widget in the sidebar in order to display even my custom taxonomy; therefore meaning I must in fact hide my other categories with CSS? Or, can I leave the main Categories widget out of sidebar but add my custom taxonomy back into the sidebar with a different/custom widget?

however how do I display my custom taxonomy (only) in the blog sidebar (without CSS possible?). If you'd rather add the CSS to my theme file on your end, I'm ok with that too.
=> Sorry, which custom taxonomy you want to display in your sidebar?
***The custom taxonomy is the "Post Categories" taxomomy that I created with Toolset, for the blog page

***Also, on another issues, I've received emails for one of my support threads saying "please close the following ticket" for "Restore WP Built in category that was deleted within toolset dashboard". And I've tried to close it 3 different times. It simply won't close after I hit submit as it normally does. After the second attempt I keep getting this message "ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!" Please feel free to completely delete this ticket from the system entirely as it isn't a helpful question for other users (and I should have seen the answer myself!)

Minesh
Supporter

Well - you can easily build your view and place the view using view's widget to your sidebar.

So, as you can see I've created taxonomy view here:
=> hidden link

And we are displaying above view on the sidebar by adding a view's widget:
=> hidden link

As you can see now - the view is displaying within the sidebar:
=> hidden link

***Also, on another issues, I've received emails for one of my support threads saying "please close the following ticket" for "Restore WP Built in category that was deleted within toolset dashboard". And I've tried to close it 3 different times. It simply won't close after I hit submit as it normally does. After the second attempt I keep getting this message "ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!" Please feel free to completely delete this ticket from the system entirely as it isn't a helpful question for other users (and I should have seen the answer myself!)
==> Regarding this issue, please make sure you logged or try to login in another browser and try to close the ticket. If the issue still persists, please open a new ticket.

Jas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.