Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Split: filter category hierarchy – show only subcategories as filter

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 21 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexd-6 vor 3 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 13.31.19.jpg

Hi,

on Screenshot you see a red sign for this category we are in.

But the Subcategories are all "First-Level-Entries" like (Automarken,Heckzelte, Sonnensegel and so on..) are show in category-view. And if i go to "Sonnensegel -> Toyota" nothing change in View..

thx

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

There are few things I would like to make it clear again.

- When I select TOP level term (term having no parent) - what is your expected result?
- When I select term VW T6 - what is your expected result?

hey,

- When I select TOP level term (term having no parent) - what is your expected result?
i would see the Subcategories of selected TOP level term as filter in view

- When I select term VW T6 - what is your expected result?
i would see the Subcategories (sibblings) of same Top level term as filter in view

thx - alex

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that you can not filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term.

Which I explained here.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-filter-category-hierarchy-show-only-subcategories-as-filter/#post-1914533

You can just display the subcategories link and when you click on that it will display that clicked term archive. I hope I make the things clear.

hi - if i add a new field with dropdown to "produkt-CPT" with the categories - can i filter on it?

i think thats is an alternative..

apropos: when comes "filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term" in toolset. I think its a very good feature 😉

Thx for all! - alex

Minesh
Supporter

apropos: when comes "filter taxonomy view by taxonomy term" in toolset. I think its a very good feature
==>
Thanks for the suggestion but this is not something can be implemented.

Because its illegal to display archive posts of taxonomy term A on taxonomy term B. That is why you can not add filter to it. If you are displaying taxonomy archive page for the term A, you can not list term B posts on term A archive.

The only quick way I suggest is create a view and add taxonomy filter to it and add this view to a new page.

Hi,

now i realized as wie Radiobuttons 😉

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.