Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Social Share Button duplicated everywhere in the page

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Beda vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel
monarch-problem.png

I am trying to: Add social share button on posts and custom posts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: you don't have access to our dev site (ip restricted)

I expected to see: only one social share column

Instead, I got: social share columns everywhere on the page, like on every row or container.

You said it was because of poorly coded 3rd party plugins, but after trying with 3 different plugins (Monarch, Addthis and Social warfare), problem is still the same.

So I am more thinking about an issue with our use of view, types or layouts from toolset. I did not build this website, so I have no idea how the previous developer created the views, cutom types and layouts.

PS: Debug info not available. When I click on Toolset -> Settings, there is nothing on the page, it's all empty

Thanks for your help.

I know about this issue and escalated it.

There is no workaround, unless not to use Visual Editor cells 🙁

Do you have any Layout with any Visual Editor Cell?
If so, and you remove those Cells, is the issue solved?

If not, check if you have Post Body ShortCodes in place, and add a suppress_filters="true" in the shortcode.
That should then solve that problem as well.

I will add your voice to the escalated BUG, if you confirm that this is the issue you see with Toolset.

Hi,
thank you for your answer,

could you tell me a bit more about the layout cells ? I did not build the website so I'm still trying to figure how it has been built.

I think I know there is several layouts, and I also remember seeing some cells.
I will check more in depth.

I guess if I remove the cells, the page will be broken, what should I replace the cells with?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

In Layouts, you have a Drag and Drop Builder that offers you to insert different kind of Content and lists (and more) using so called Cells.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#layouts > Cells.

The one Cell that shows the behavior you mention is known as the "Visual Editor" Cell:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/rich-content-cell-text-images-html/

This is basically a WYSIWYG Editor that you can insert anywhere as a Cell and modify with HTML or simple text - just as in a WordPress Post Edit screen.

Now, this Cell filters the content and hence, conflicts with some plugins that do the same in their way.

We cannot fix this globally but only plugin-after-plugin.
We are working on a fix of this plugin as well, but I cannot state when we would release that.

For now, you could replace the Visual Editor Cells with Content Template Cells.

1. You would copy the content of the Visual Editor Cell (I suggest to copy from the Text Mode)
2. Then you would add a new Cell "Content Template" and within it, add a new Content Template "your name of Choice"
3. In this, paste the contents copied above.

This should solve this problem.
If not, please then check the content of your copy/paste:
If it holds any ShortCode as "wpv-post-body", please pass the attribute "suppress_filters="true"" to them:

[wpv-post-body view_template="your_template/none" suppress_filters="true"]

Please let me know if you find any issues doing so.

parent-layout.JPG
Layout.JPG

Hi, I tried different things, and it does not seems to work, even with the suppress_filter

The page is building that way:

- A parent layout, containing header, menu, footer (see parent-layout image attached)

- A layout, containing the content article (see layout image attached)

I changed the Visual Editor Cell to a Content Template, but does not fix the issue.

I noticed that on the parent layout, most of the element were also Visual Editor Cells. I tried to change some of them, but that does not removed the duplicates social share buttons.

Do you have any idea?

Thank for your support

Hi Yohan,

Beda is not available today. I hope you don't mind that I handle your request.

I'm checking the issue right now and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi Yohan,

Currently, the issue is reported to the development team. and they will work on it ASAP.

FYI, this issues is caused somehow by the the_content filter. and it happens as well with other plugins and we handle each plugin separately and fix the compatibility issue with it.

So, the development team will find a solution for this compatibility issue and we will share the solution with you once we get it.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Thanks.

ok thank you for checking.

I'll come back in a two weeks to see if you have any news about it.

Thank you

We added a new feature to the Visual Editor Cell.

It is a simple checkbox that allows you to enable or disable the_content() filters.

This will help you to avoid the exact symptoms as you described here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/rich-content-cell-text-images-html/#troubleshooting

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.