Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Slider View on User isn't displaying 2nd page

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by DavidW2160 vor 4 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Artikel

Tell us what you are trying to do? I set up User slider to show "staff" (specific roles). I copied what I could from the 3-up testimonials slider. The first slider page shows correctly. When it changes to the second slider page, it is blank (there are currently 2 more staff members), and the slider won't page back to page 1. It will page manually from page 1 to page 2, but that's it. After the switch to the second page, the slider stops all automatic changes. The testimonials slider works as expected, so there doesn't appear to be a theme or plugin conflict.

I'm not worried about the display CSS at this time, just trying to get the slider mechanics working.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No, just following the testimonials slider as an example.

Is there a similar example that we can see? The view is displayed at the bottom of the front page, and is called "Staff View".

What is the link to your site? hidden link -- this is behind a firewall, so you'll need to user our proxy server to reach it.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this view for the slider, I'll need to see how it is set up in the admin area.

Would it be possible for you to share temporary admin login details, along with the instructions to connect to the proxy server?

If for some reason this won't be possible, you can alternatively, share a clone/snapshot of the website so that it can be deployed on a different server for troubleshooting.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Can you please confirm that the proxy server's address is correct?

I'm seeing "The configured proxy server is not responding" message when I try to connect through it.

If complex proxy permissions or configuration is involved, you can alternatively share website's clone/snapshot too.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Your next reply will be private.

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

Waqar is off this week, let me help.

You are affected, I think, by an issue which is known for taxonomy Views, but which also appears to affect user Views.

Namely, that with ajax pagination, the View output is not rendered if you use a linked template to output the fields (as you would normally do when using the Loop Wizard).

The workaround is to not use a template and to put the content directly within the wpv-loop tags in the Loop Editor.

That is slightly complicated in your case because you are using the Bootstrap grid for the output, but essentially what you need to do is to copy everything from the template for the View and paste it in the Loop Editor to replace each of the wpv-post-body shortcodes that call that template.

Can you try that?

Yes, this fixed the issue. Thank you. Is this bug scheduled for review and correction?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

There is an internal ticket for this to be improved, but I can't say when it will be actively worked on, I'm afraid.

For reference there is an erratum about the issue: https://toolset.com/errata/views-shortcodes-return-empty-output-after-ajax-pagination-triggering-in-a-taxonomy-view/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.