Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Slider adds the 'divs' beneath if you add a border in the block settings

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by lindsayH vor 3 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel
firefox_2020-05-16_11-02-29.png
firefox_2020-05-16_10-50-06.png

If I use a repeating field to display an Image Slider all works fine until I add either a border to the Image Slider itself using the block controls, or I place the Image Slider inside a Container. If I do either I get the problem of the 'divs in waiting' appearing below the slider and pushing the next block down. See image for better description.

If I add a border to the CSS then all is fine.

#wpv-view-layout-2671 {
    border: 5px #a4c752 ridge;
    margin-bottom: 3rem;
}

There is no pagination set up in the view. Other view settings in image below.

Are there instructions for best practice to set this Image Slider up?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Have you checked the following tutorials that help you to understand how you can create image sliders:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/sliders-of-static-images-for-pages/
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/dynamic-galleries-and-sliders-for-templates-displaying-repeating-image-fields/

I am not sure yet your block structure, If you can send me problem URL and access details I would be happy to check what's going on with your slider block. And please share screenshot to which block you added the border.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This site is not live, you can see the front end using this link if it's any use (I've added the border using CSS).

hidden link

Otherwise if you can leave this open for a few weeks I can come back to you when it is live.

Many thanks. Lins

Minesh
Supporter

Ok I see you added the border to the div by adding the CSS code.

Have you set the slider time to slide the slides automatically as I do not see sliders slides are sliding automatically as well as what you mean by " 'divs in waiting' appearing below the slider and pushing the next block down".

firefox_2020-05-18_14-25-43.png

There is no pagination and a basic loop.

The second image I uploaded on my original post shows you all the extra divs - that take up space, pushing the next block down.

I'm sending another, this one the grey border is put on using the Style Settings of the Image Slider. As soon as I Save the Content Template - it adds all the divs which take up space... see image or see my link (I'll leave it as it is until the end of the day for you to see).

Just to confirm I'm using a dynamic source with a repeating field.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please send me access details so I can review how you setup the slider block.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

If your site is not live, you can send me a duplicator package.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I've set up with local hosts file and from memory duplicator doesn't work too well in this setup.

Can I leave it until I go live. For me I have a solution by using my own CSS so it's not so critical. Just trying to flag an issue.

I basically followed this tutorial... for the Image Slider bit. https://toolset.com/course-lesson/dynamic-galleries-and-sliders-for-templates-displaying-repeating-image-fields/

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - you can keep this open. Once you go live and share the access details I will check how yo setup the slier and will try to reproduce the issue on my local test install and if I reproduced successfully I will escalate the issue in front of our Devs.

you can reply here when you go live with access details.

Minesh
Supporter

You are allowed to add such custom CSS to get the results as per your need and this is totally acceptable. Do you have any other issues? I do not see any issue on the page currently.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I had a Toolset update which has seemed to resolve.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.