Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Site optimizations

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Waqar vor 5 Jahre.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

Hello.

i am using few premium plugin such as swift performance, autoptimize, async , and CDN .

I would like to know the files that i need to exclude from minifying or combining.

Please guide. thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Dee,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

When it comes to website's performance optimization, there are no set or definitive rules. Since each website constitutes of different combination of theme, plugins, server environment and overall configuration of these items, finding the setup that works, require a "trial and error" approach.

Following are some points which can prove useful:

1. Most cache and code optimization plugins suggest that other plugins which offer the same features should not be used with them at the same time.

For example, it is not recommended to apply cache or code minification through two different plugins at the same time, as it will most likely result in the compatibility issues. Each plugin's official documentation and support is the best way to learn about its features and optimal usage.

2. Depending on the active theme and all the plugins, different CSS and script files will be loaded on the website, in a different sequence.

To narrow down to any files which need to be excluded from code minification, you can use the browser's console to see if there are any errors/warnings recorded and from which file they're originating from.

These guides have more details on this topic:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors
hidden link
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.