Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] show repeating fields in view from parent cpt if exist

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

The issue here is that he user wanted to display fields from the parent post if that child post has a parent.
Solution:

To do this just use the following shortcode.

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-datei name='_wpcf_belongs_projekte_id']' ne '' )"] 
<a href="[types field='datei' link='true' output='raw'][/types]" titel="[types field='datei' link='true' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fas fa-download"></i>  [types field='download-titel'][/types] [types field='art'][/types] Größe: [types field='size'][/types]</a>
[/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-datei name='_wpcf_belongs_projekte_id'']' eq '' )"] 
<a href="[types field='datei' link='true' output='raw'][/types]" titel="[types field='datei' link='true' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fas fa-download"></i>  [types field='download-titel'][/types] [types field='art'][/types] Größe: [types field='size'][/types]</a>
 [/wpv-conditional]

Where you will replace _wpcf_belongs_projekte_id with _wpcf_belongs_{yourcptslug}_id

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexd-6 vor 6 Jahre, 1 Monat.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel
Screenshot 2018-02-23 14.19.19.png

I am trying to:
show repeating fields in view from parent cpt if exist.

i have a parent "projekt" with repeating child fieldset/cpt "pdownloads". In Child "objekt" of parent "projekt" i want to show the "pdownloads" of the same parent "projekt".

How can i do this? My way: i created a view (screenshot)

Whats wrong?

best regards - alex

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually what you can do to check if the child has a parent is to use our conditional shortcode.

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-field name='_wpcf_belongs_job_id']' ne '' )"] 

repeatable fields

[/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-field name='_wpcf_belongs_job_id']' eq '' )"] 

some other content

[/wpv-conditional]

From the example above you see that i have the slug _wpcf_belongs_job_id , this references the custom field that the parent information is stored. Now in your case you will use "_wpcf_belongs_{parent-cpt_slug}_id" where you will replace the {parent-cpt_slug} with the slug of your CPT.

For more information on the conditional shortcode please see the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/using-shortcodes-in-conditions/

Please let me know if this helps and if there are further queries.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

where in my View i can put it in? - When i do it in the Loop it doesn't help.

here is my code:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-datei name='_wpcf_belongs_projekte_id']' ne '' )"] 
[/wpv-conditional]

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-post-datei name='_wpcf_belongs_projekte_id'']' eq '' )"] 
 [/wpv-conditional]

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can take a look at the view?

The private fields will be enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

From your code i dont see where its a field from the parent you want to display but rather a field from another child from that parent.

I see that youre looking for the Datei field is this correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

oh sorry its the view "Downloads Objekt" - my fault.

there is the field [types field='datei' link='true' output='raw'][/types] which should target the File stored in parent "Projekt"

thx - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Please have a look and let me know if its ok now.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

yes - but you dont change the code? What was wrong?

thx a lot - alex

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.53.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 10.51.09 AM.png

Hi Alex,

Ahh yes I didn't what I did was to add a filter to the view for the parent projekt , since the objekte and the pdownloads share the same parent cpt, so essentially pdownloads and objekte are siblings. So if I found the parent of the current objekte that i'm viewing then I can use that parent information to find the pdownload.

I did that by adding this filter. See Screenshot

Then I filtered the view using the shortcode parameter.

[wpv-view name="downloads-objekt" wpvprchildof="[wpv-post-id id='$projekt']"]</div>

So that is all that was needed 🙂 I was a bit unsure earlier but then you pointed me to the right view that I should be looking at.

Hi,

oh yes thats nice. 😉

thank you very much

einen schönen Gruß - alex

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.