Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Should I use CRED or Woocommerce?

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to know if its a good idea to use CRED to do a quote system.

Solution:

If CRED was to be used to do this it would be a bit tricky because if you're requesting a quote the user must reference the product that they are requesting the quote for.

However are you using a custom woocommerce page template ? Because what you can do is to set the Product CPT as the parent of your quotes/inquiry cpt.

This way you can add the request quote form or link to the page in a fashion like this
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/selecting-parent-posts-using-forms-create-child-items/#creating-forms-when-a-parent-post-is-preselected

So when the user clicks on it, the Product is automatically set so that the Site Owner can know which product the user is creating the quote for.

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by zoeS vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hello, I am creating a website for a catering company, a feature of which will be a quote builder tool, where users can add extra items to the core offering to build a quote that can then be saved and emailed to themselves and the site owner. The site owner needs to be able to add items and adjust the prices so in that sense, the form needs to be dynamic, displaying custom post types as field options, and also taking the data from their "price" field and performing calculations.

Do you think this is viable with CRED or would Woocommerce be a better starting point, since I think the cart functionality could be pretty useful and it is already built for calculations?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Zoe,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

If CRED was to be used to do this it would be a bit tricky because if you're requesting a quote the user must reference the product that they are requesting the quote for.

However are you using a custom woocommerce page template ? Because what you can do is to set the Product CPT as the parent of your quotes/inquiry cpt.

This way you can add the request quote form or link to the page in a fashion like this
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/selecting-parent-posts-using-forms-create-child-items/#creating-forms-when-a-parent-post-is-preselected

So when the user clicks on it, the Product is automatically set so that the Site Owner can know which product the user is creating the quote for.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your help Shane, I think it's going to be complicated no matter which way I tackle it, but having thought about it more, the quote will basically be a collection of products assembled by the user, i.e. a cart, so it probably does make sense for Woocommerce to be the starting point.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.