Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Search not working for different user roles

This support ticket is created vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Toronto (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by pabloS-3 vor 6 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Meagan Hanes.

Author
Artikel
search results other role.PNG
search results admin.PNG

I have a view with a custom search filtering by post type and category.

When i search something when im logged in with the admin user role, it displays the results propperly, but when i try to do it logged in with other user roles, it keeps loading and not showing the results.

This is inside a restricted area for some user roles. And i'm using the USER ROLE EDITOR PRO plugin for editing capabilities of roles. hidden link

It used to work but not now (our client noticed it)

Views version: 2.3.1
types version: 2.2.9
Wordpress version: 4.6.1

Hi there! Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue.

It's interesting that the problem appeared just recently. This makes me think there could be a conflict with the USER ROLE EDITOR PRO plugin.

Could you disable that (and all other plugins except for Toolset and its suite), then test your site to see if the search is working correctly? Since your custom user roles will not be accessible, please create a new user with a limited role such as Editor, and test with both Admin and Editor accounts.

Let me know the result of this test, and I'll be happy to help figure things out further with you!

Thanks,
Meagan

Hello Meagan,

We have a highg number or plugins for this website so there was a conflict with the ajax search.
The solution was disable he ajax search and load the page with the results.

Best,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.