Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Restore WP Built in category that was deleted within toolset dashboard

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 5 Jahre, 4 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Jas

I was trying to add a plugin that would hide the categories I'd created with Toolset that are used in displaying various grids on regular pages, from showing up also on my blog page. In doing so I deleted my WP built-in Category from my posts section from within the Toolset Dashboard. (I thought i had to replace the one with the other. How do I get it back? Maybe I don't need it back if there is an option for hiding categories using toolset that does not involve code? thanks:)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - do you see default category is available when you try to visit:
=> Toolset => Taxonomies

Jas

Yup, sorry! That was easy to see. thanks.

Now regarding the second part: How do I exclude these built in wp categories from displaying on my blog page and and pages, without removing them in actuality. For example, I still need them to be there in the background so that my grid pages will display in the grid, but I don't need them for anything else... thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that your original issue is resolved. Please feel free to close this ticket.

We will continue with your new question with the following new ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-restore-wp-built-in-category-that-was-deleted-within-toolset-dashboard-how-to-remove-category-on-frontend/

Jas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Jas

Sorry, I'm actually trying to respond to the other support thread I have opened, but the submit button won't work (when I choose non-private).

Yes, it's easy to remove the WP built in categories out of the widget area, (appearance>widgets) but I don't want to remove them, as I said, (and also showed in screenshot) I need to keep them active, but hide them. (as they are still being used by the grids on my site, but I just don't want them to show in the blog).

Minesh
Supporter

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please close this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.