Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Publish form with repeater group | #266

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

Hi,
I have this CPT with a repeater group including 2 fields.
I'd like to know how may I build a single complete form for the CPT, including all fields AND the repeater group?
Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The thing is that you can not combine field of CPT and repeating field group as both post and repeating field items are treated as identical posts.

You have to create one form for CPT and one form for Repeating field group. Having said that you will require separate form to add/edit CPT posts as well as repeating field group items.

Thank you.
So what would you suggest to build a single page form including repeaters ? popups ??
Or is there a better way ?
Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

May be you should create a page where:
- you add a view that displays the list of all parent post
- with this list, add Add - Edit link to add/Edit repeating field group, so when you click on that, it will redirect you to another page where you added add/Edit form for your repeating field group.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.