Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] product price

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Noman vor 7 Jahre.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: use [wpv-woo-product-price] in a custom search

There are no woocommerce product built-in fields on the filter by dropdown.

Is it true that a filter only available on a custom field and custom taxonomy created by Type plugin?

If I am going to use buddypress or other plugins with their own custom post types, it it true that I will not be able to access their 'native' fields?

Please clarify the distinction of filterable fields and taxonomy on fitler and query on the View plugin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset offers way to control the third party fields and you can control it from:
=> Toolset => Post Fields => Post field control

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-convert-existing-custom-types-and-fields-to-types-control/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-third-party-hidden-fields/

you have a Fields control section, to bring arbitrary custom fields under Types control but please acknowledge that radios fields, select fields, checkboxes fields, date fields, etc, have specific formats in different plugins.

So anything that is not a string or a number will be probably be broken after bringing those fields under post field Control.

If you can not find the Custom Field's at: Toolset => Post fields => Post field Control, it's because those fields are not stored as default WordPress Custom fields (post_meta), and Types can't find them most probably because those are stored in custom table in the Database.

Please check following tutorials about Woocommerce and Woocommerce views and how you can create custom search for products:
=> https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/search-filter-and-results/

post_field_control_challenges.png
added_filter_fields.png

Please check my 2 attached screenshots.

I am seeking for clarity of how to use Toolset plugins to access the woocommerce native fields for custom search, ie to recreat the price slider of the price which I will lose after I use my own Toolset archive pages.

I was hopping to build a search page to clone the woocommerce native product archive page with those price slider and taxonomy checkboxes on the right sidebar.

Please advice what is the best approach to clone the native functionalities.

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

if there are fields from WooCommerce or other plugins Toolset plugins for example Types does not support them automatically unless we add them for third party support.

is it true that these are native fields
==> yes it looks like they belongs to third party like WC but please acknowledge that radios fields, select fields, checkboxes fields, date fields, etc, have specific formats in different plugins so anything that is not a string or a number will be probably be broken after bringing those fields under post field Control.

is it true that remaining native wc fields not accessible by toolset
=> no , but we can add them to types support enabled fields

-> is it the reason why woocommerce views create its own fields
==> yes, because we want user to automatically use our fields for filtering purposes without having them add those fields manually

To sync the values from WC to Woocommerce views as you shown with the following image:
=> hidden link

Please refer to the following Doc to sync data:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/woocommerce-views-calculated-fields-and-batch-update/

I received this from you,

if there are fields from WooCommerce or other plugins Toolset plugins for example Types does not support them automatically unless we add them for third party support.

is it true that these are native fields
==> yes it looks like they belongs to third party like WC but please acknowledge that radios fields, select fields, checkboxes fields, date fields, etc, have specific formats in different plugins so anything that is not a string or a number will be probably be broken after bringing those fields under post field Control.

(new Question regarding your above answer)
======>> is it mean the reliably support third party native fields will be string and numeric ??

is it true that remaining native wc fields not accessible by toolset
=> no , but we can add them to types support enabled fields

======>> please show me how to add them

-> is it the reason why woocommerce views create its own fields
==> yes, because we want user to automatically use our fields for filtering purposes without having them add those fields manually

======>> please give an example for adding a different view to access other fields of wc product, step by step.

My purpose is to learn how to access any 'exposed fields' of a third party custom post type from a plugin, ie other fields of woocommerce products ( other than price, on-sale or in-stock)

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Hutan,

I am going to take over Minesh's tickets as he is having holidays. I am looking into this issue and will get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your patience

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Step 1.png
Load fields.png
query filter.png
WC Price filter.png

Hi Hutan,

I have tried to understand your requirement. Below are the details to help you.

1. Please follow the below steps to use 3rd party plugin fields (WooCommerce Product) in a View:

Step 1: Enable hidden fields, please go to: Toolset >> Settings >> Front-end Content tab >> Select custom fields (see attached screenshot: Step 1.png)

For more, follow this doc: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-third-party-hidden-fields/

Step 2: Now insert fields into a View: please go to: Toolset >> Views >> Edit/Add a View >> In Content Selection select “Products”

Step 3: Now you can add fields in Views and in Query Filter

- For View: In Loop Output Editor >> Fields and Views button >> Post fields >> Load non-Types custom fields (see attached screenshot: Load fields.png)

- For Query filter: In Query Filter >> Add a Filter button (see attached screenshot: query filter.png)

2. Further as I can see you would like to recreate WC Price Slider for filtering. WooCommerce by default offers a “Price Filter Widget” which you can use in your site (see attached screenshot: WC Price filter). It's a very complex field type and Toolset does not offer this field type so recreating this is not possible without doing custom coding.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.