Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Problem with Worfence disallowing iframes in Views

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexG-4 vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

I'm trying to add an iframe into a content editor whilst editing a view, but I can't save the view.

When I disable Wordfence, I CAN save it.

I tried this on a different view and got a popup warning message from Wordfence: I clicked to allow that operation, then I COULD save that view with the iframe.

However, Wordfence still won't let me save the view/content template where I really DOo want to include the iframe.

I can get around this by disabling Wordfence, but I thought you should know about it.

Here's a video showing it happening.

hidden link

Thanks

Alex

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Based on the steps shown in your video, I performed some tests on a clean test website with default Wordfence settings and couldn't reproduce this behavior. In my tests, I tried to save the iframe code in:

1. View's loop
2. A content template used for a view's loop
3. In single content template assigned to a post type
4. Directly in page/post content

In order to investigate this further, it would be interesting to test this with all extra plugins disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty. It is possible that some third-party plugin or theme's code is somehow changing the iframe code in the content while saving, which in turn triggers Wordfence's suspicion.

Note: Please also look out for any errors/warnings in the server's error log.

Let me know how it goes and if you notice something else.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, Waqar

I had to re-create the content template for other reasons, and then pasted in the iframe. This time, instead of failing to save, I received the 'normal' warning message from Wordfence, clicked "Allow" (or something similar) and it stopped complaining.

Seems to have been some peculiar combination of conditions that I can no longer reproduce.

Thanks for looking into it, Waqar.

Alex

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.