Skip Navigation

[Geschlossen] Post type archive texonomy search filter hide empty not workng

This support ticket is created vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Nigel vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monate.

Author
Artikel

Dear Support team,

I have custom Post type archive with custom taxonomy search filter checkbox type i want to hide taxonomy which is empty

i use hide_empty="true" but not working.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 14.02.26.png

Hi Marc

I'm not sure where you are getting the hide_empty attribute from, it's not available in the context of a custom taxonomy filter (see https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-taxonomy, which relates to the shortcode used to insert the taxonomy filter).

What you need is to change the custom search settings as shown in the screenshot, which will hide empty taxonomy terms from the filter.

Hi Nigel,

I already set that but at first time load show all but after i change any filter it will show only available option hide empty option.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Spanisch (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Is the taxonomy also used by other post types?

In that case there is a known issue related to this (which is filed for custom archives, but may affect Views too): https://toolset.com/errata/setting-show-only-filter-options-that-would-produce-results-doesnt-work-correctly-for-taxonomy-filters/

Das Thema „[Geschlossen] Post type archive texonomy search filter hide empty not workng“ ist für neue Antworten geschlossen.