Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Plugins have too many files to use with Google App Engine (GAE)

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by chrisH-10 vor 7 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author
Artikel

I have done some testing with hosting WP on Google App Engine (GAE) and I quite like it, the performance is spectacular.

I've run into an issue when I tried to put my biggest production site (which pretty much uses the full onthego suite). The issue is that GAO has a 10,000 file limit and your plugins are all hogs.

wpml 1,186 items
types 994 items
views 1,766 items
layouts 1,729 items
cred 1,179 items
access 1,059 items

In contrast
The entirety of wordpress core is 1,260 items.
ACF (pretty much types+CRED) is ~460 items.

My ask from you:
(a) I would love it if you slimmed the plugins down. Your devs can probably streamline this in the build process. Please let me know if this makes it on the roadmap.
(b) in the interim I can set up some ignore files. I'd like to hear if there is anything obvious to trim the bloat. Symlinks for redundant files, anything.

Thanks!

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Chris

Thanks for the feedback.

This is a sane request, thanks for bringing this up. We ship with some files that we do nto need for sure. For example, we include third party libraries like Font Awesome, or Codemirror, and we incldue the whole package, including some modes and files that are not needed for them to work, but that are included with the generic package. Also, we include some other things that you might not need, like the jQuery datepicker localization files, and they might not be needed in your case, or not all of them.

I am creating specific tickets on each Toolset project to shave whatever file is not actually needed. This should be a work in progress, so the final results might not be fully seen until we complete a couple of development cycles and releases.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

OK, I will see about taking some of those libs out or using the CDN hosted version (you may want to try that).

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the file count as updates come around.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.