Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Placing a Font Awesome Icon in the Layouts for Genesis 'Return to Top' Section

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre, 1 Monat. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 8 Jahre.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hey team, quick question:

How can I put a Font Awesome Icon in place of the text to replace the default 'Return to top' section while using the Layouts for Genesis integration? Adding html code directly into the options box doesn't work, so I assume I'll have to edit one of the plugin's php files or add something to functions.php.

I'm trying to add this bit of code, just for reference:
<i class="fa fa-chevron-up>"

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately our layouts plugin does not add a "Return to Top" button on the genesis theme.

This seems like something that was generated by the theme.

If you could provide me with a link to your website I may be able to point you in the right direction as to where to make the changes.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You may be incorrect on this one. The Layouts for Genesis plugin does in fact include options and filters for the return to top button. See plugin files:

layouts-genesis/application/layouts/cell/footer.php
layouts-genesis/application/layouts/cell/view/footer.php
layouts-genesis/public/css/theme-integration-backend.css
layouts-genesis/public/css/theme-integration.css
layouts-genesis/public/js/theme-integration.js

Each of them have a reference to the button. I'm not sure what to change. Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi George,

I must apologise for the delay in response.

Could you let me know which genesis theme you are using because on the default parent genesis theme i'm not seeing a return to top.

Also in the Layouts cell options there isn't a return to top cell that can be added 🙁

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

I'm just using the sample child theme provided with Genesis and customizing it myself. As I explained before, the layouts for Genesis integration includes the return to top option in the footer section within layouts.

Shane
Supporter

Hi George,

I cannot help much if I'm not able to see the issue.

I only have access to the Genesis parent theme which does not have a return to top button.

So i'm not able to see a return to top option. I know that some genesis theme has this option and that is why there could be a filter for it in our plugin but unless the theme supports it, it won't show up.

Would you mind providing me with a copy of the theme so I can have a look ?

You can upload the theme files to either Google Drive or Dropbox so that I can have a look.

I'll enable the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Shane,

I'd like to refrain from handing over my info on this one, because I believe this is not an issue that requires that. Please look at the screenshots I have attached, which show clearly that the return to top feature is an option within Layouts and the plugin "Toolset Genesis Integration", and not Genesis itself.

Shane
Supporter

Hi George,

Thank you for the clarity on this 🙂

I tried changing the return to top with a font awesome icon but it doesn't seem possible without modifying the plugins code structure itself on how the text for the return to top is called.

What you can try using is an alternative to do the return to top button, example
https://wordpress.org/plugins/scroll-back-to-top/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

So it's not possible to do this with a filter?

Shane
Supporter

Hi George,

That is correct. Its not possible 🙁

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.