Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Parametric Search Not Working/Updating On Single Product Page

This support ticket is created vor 8 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Luo Yang vor 8 Jahre.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Artikel
single-dir-entry.jpg

Have parametric (radio and select) set up in widget - works just fine to display results list
I can click a single result (linked title) and it takes me to the single result page
This is fine.

However, when I reselect options in the widget on the single page, it does nothing. I was expecting it to re-list the items selected with the parametric and go back to the main results page.

Site URL:
hidden link

Main results page:
hidden link

Example single results page:
hidden link

As you can see from the URLs, the single entry seems to have lost the 'path' members-area/directories

I can't work out why this is happening.

To see the site, you'll need to get past cPanel security (username = emgsboard, password = gravel911)

And to log in as a 'member' you'll need username = test1, password = gravel911

Dear McCarthy,

I can not see any filter form in all three URLs you mentioned above, please check it

And I suggest you follow our document to setup your filter forms and filter result:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
section "Add the search form to a widget":

Hi Luo

Did you actually manage to log in (cPanel and then Membership)?

You need to go to the site URL first, enter the login details to get past the cPanel security, and then click the 'Click to log on/out' button top/right to log into the private area of the site.

Then you'll be able to select the 'Directories' menu option, or use the other two URLs to see the pages.

The filtering is in the r/h sidebar as per the image I included with the original post. The same sidebar content/instance is on the Directories and Directory Entries pages I spent quite sometime yesterday reading through various bits of the documentation and watching some of the videos, which solved all the other problems I came accross.

The filtering works perfectly on the main Directories page, but once a single entry has been selected and viewed, the filtering has no effect - and I don't understand why/how it can be fixed.

Thanks,
David

Thanks for the details, I can see the filter form in the problem page:
hidden link

I assume you are using the option "AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values" in view, this option only works when you insert the view's shortcode with option "Both the search box and results", in your case, I suggest you use the view's option "Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button", and test again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.